The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Fedexed

Discussion in 'Community' started by themadchemist, Nov 15, 2004.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I got nothin'...At least, nothing weird. How about you guys? Oh, and UPS & DHL count.

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

my teacher said he used to Fedex lizards and spiders to his brother... although i have nothing interesting to share....

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I sent a roll of plastic yellow "Police Line - Do Not Cross" tape to a friend in need. He "needed it" for an April Fool's prank.

4. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

A pumpkin and a MacDonalds hamburger. At he same time.

In case anyone's interested, it's because my sister, me and my godparents have a tradition of going and finding pumpkins for Halloween, then going to some random fast food place for lunch (the one time I eat fast food all year...), at which point we all laugh at my sister for being a vegetarian and having to search very hard for something she can eat. So last year she changed from going to UC Santa Cruz, near us, to Vassar, most definitely not near us, so she wasn't able to come with us to get pumpkins. So we found a pumpkin for her, and mailed it to her. Then we also decided to mail a Hamburger, as a joke. It was entertaining. The scary thing is that appparently the hamburger still seemed ok when she got it, although it should have looked and smelled ridiculously disgusting at that point...

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well......at least it was human. I don't know if that's any consolation to the receiver, though.

6. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

prosthetic limb and jar of peanut butter, in the same package

7. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Explanations forthcoming, I hope? :eek:

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Why a hand? Shipping a whole body is a lot more expensive, and the rest wasn't needed. Why frozen? So it wouldn't crawl out of its container and strangle the driver. Hope this helps!

9. mpw Guest

Lobster.

& Not weird but weirdly packed. A 4cm D-Link USB BT adapter I ordered over the internet once arrived in a packing crate full of bubble wrap that was about 1m x 2m x 1m?

10. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Once I ordered an USB cable and I got it with popcorn ... :mad:
    but the cable was broken and I returned it with chips. :D

11. PeterBonnar macrumors member

This used to be a game i played while all my friends were at uni. We all used to send ramdom stuff to each other things that i remember.

8" by 9" road sign
    empty cigarette packets
    245 dime bars
    an empty envolope with writting on the inside
    a brick
    a traffic cone
    a pizza
    a lump of.... "number 2" in plastic resin

Another game we played was sending letters to people we knew abroad and having them send the letters on for us... so it looked like we we're serious about moving to cuba, india, etc

12. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

i got a like 8"x8"x8" box from california with a #0 or #00 sized screwdriver in it. only that ... :p

13. acceber macrumors regular

Is that not illegal? :confused:

Whenever I go to post some letters, there's a sign on the post box saying that live goods must not be posted...but then I do live in Australia.

14. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Didn't FedEx it but I did send it USPS Priority mail.

A crumpled piece of paper. Aka - The Origami Boulder

15. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

a cream cheese muffin (purchased from a restaurant named briazz in downtown oakland).

a co-worker/good friend moved to florida, and for her birthday, we sent her a bunch of things related to stuff we used to do when she still lived here. she and i used to take coffee breaks occasionally to pick up these muffins, so this was my contribution to the birthday package.

marianne

16. dotnina macrumors 6502a

HAHA!

Thank you iMeowbot, I have no further questions. :p

17. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I was reading through the 'letters from dumb dumbs' on the Origami Boulder site, and I ran across this:
    :D

Reading further, the Artist also gives a shout out to Ballmer's infamous 'DEVELOPRS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS!" speech.

Are you Silent Pande, the Boulder Origamist?

18. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I once sent a dried, flattened, road killed frog. I sent it inter-office mail at my university to a friend. I included a note that said "you have been frogged, pass it on!" It was great, I was there when he opened his box and got it. That frog made it around to about 10 of my friends before someone with a lesser sense of humor threw it out.

19. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

So I end up waiting in a long line at the USPS office. I was carying a thirty pound box of soil samples I was shipping to a lab in Ohio. When I finally got to the front of the line, the guy at the desk asked me what the insured value of the contents was.

"Well, it's soil samples," I replied.
    "So it's worthless?" he asked.
    "WORTHLESS?" I reply, with some shock in my voice.
    "Well, it's just dirt"
    "Dirt?" I say raising my voice. "It takes two hundred years to form one inch of topsoil. Without this 'dirt' we would have no food, no natural resources."
    I go on for a couple of minutes about the value of soil after which the guy at the counter asks, slightly stunned, "So how much do you want to insure it for?"
    "Oh, nothing," I said with a smile, "It's just dirt."
    Everyone in the place broke out laughing....

So I went back a year later with another box of soil to ship and sure enough, the same clerk was there - and he remembered me! We had a good laugh over that!

20. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i "airborne expressed" (cheap ass fedex competitor) a birthday package to a friend once. it contained:

• a copy of Blue Chips, the movie starring Robert Redford and Shaquile O'Neil.

• a poster from the Blue Chips movie, featuring Shaq dunking hard.

• a copy of Shaq-Fu, the hit fighting game for the sega genesis.

• a copy of Shaq's debut CD

• a Shaq bobble head

• a letter from Shaq to himself reminding him of the good times.

i addressed it to Shaquille O'Neil at my friends address and the return address was from S. O'Neil at my address.

21. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    good one made me laugh

i dont think mine counts as weird; i just fedexed brownies to a friend who i havent seen in 3 years. it was her bday and she loves the brownies i make , so i make ti a point to send he rsome every year

22. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I remember going into UPS and looking at the warning list on the wall with things to declare. I was shocked to see that bull semen is something that must be declared....

23. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Bull Semen is very expensive stuff. check out this article: http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20041117/D86DLIGO0.html This bull is worth 13 million dollars a year just in semen.