Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfreek57

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
the weirdest thing happened the other day.
now i don't know if this was in some os update that i didn't notice or if it's something i downloaded or what.
when i open an application, instead of doing the usual bouncing in the dock, the icon appears and the black triangle underneath it (the one that tells you if an app is open of just in the dock) appears and starts pulsing untill the app finishes opening and then everything's back to normal.
what's going on? does anyone know?
this seems like an updated feature that apple added later like the dock scale effect to help balance out the function over form factor.
but i never saw the bouncing icon thing as a problem. in fact, if you keep your dock hidden, the bounce would actually function better.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
The pulsating triangle is an option in the system preferences. If you want it to bounce check the box that says animate opening application. As far as I am aware, this is not a new feature.

As for zipping something up, I use DropZip which is a part of Stuffit Deluxe. Not sure of any other apps that you can use. Sure there are some people that will tell you about others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.