The West Bank, Gaza, Hamas, and Israel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

While it is understandable that most people's attention is drawn to the war in Lebanon, there are still daily developments happening on the West Bank and in Gaza that warrant attention. In an effort to provide that space, separate from the many threads already started on the Lebanese war I'm starting this thread with an article from Haaretz on a possible cease-fire deal.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what was the purpose of referencing rice? is there concern she will either hinder or take credit for the deal?

3. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think it is safe to say the Palestinians, neither Fateh or Hamas, see the US as an "honest broker" anymore. They have no interest in either giving credit to the US or giving Rice the chance to try to threaten them.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I'm having doubts that Condy Rice will have any effect going to the middle east. Other than piss some more people off.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking. :D

Wait... that's not funny. It's sad because it's true. I am sad for us. :(

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

of course saying "anymore" implies that once upon a time they did see the US as an "honest broker"......do people really believe they ever did?

7. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It's hard to say. I think some elements have in the past believed that was the case. I don't believe this administration has any credibility among the Palestinians and most of the Arab world.