The "What does iGav or anyone else do All day?" Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Opteron, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Opteron macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2004
    South Australia
    Hello and welcomo to this most bizzar thread.
    iGav Has posted some amazing treads and it would seem all he does is surf the web looking for wierd stuff.

These include (more reciently)
    Very, Very subtle
    It's not a very good game then
    ColorWhore, a directory of nice colors
    the f-it song
    'Wedgie'...?? or maybe not... heheheh
    Privalite Glass.

Two new Editions:
    DeLorean on eBay
    Awful Plastic Surgery

I spend my non-posting time studying Engineering at the Universtiy of SA, online gaming, riding, driving and hanging out.

I wonder what do other members get up to while not posting on these fourms.
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You're giving a new definition to "targetted advertising" :D
  3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    Re: The "What does iGav or anyone else do All day?" Thread

school at GWU, hence the name...
    mountain biking, hence the avatar

and tonight... drinking ;)
  4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I read the newspaper, listen to news, and check a few regular web sites each day. I have friends who give me a heads up when they hear about an interesting event or web site. Many MacRumors members do similar things. Altogether, that adds up to a lot of potential new topics and links each day.
  5. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Wowser... the 2nd thread with me in the title... may'zin... :p

I'm a designer, and (I know no one will believe me here, heheh) but also a hugely busy one at the moment... ;)
  6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    You're right, I don't believe you! :p
  7. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    if you saw my deadline chart you would.... :eek: :eek: :p
  8. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    More to the point: have you seen it? ;)

Oh yeah, i'm a full-time mathematics student at Queen Mary's university.
  9. caveman_uk Guest

Feb 17, 2003
    Hitchin, Herts, UK
    Does it include

1) Surf for on-line banality and wierdness - complete Friday arvo
    2) Drink cider - complete by Sunday evening
    3) Goto 1

:D :D :D :D
  10. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    :D :D Somebody had to start this thread. :D :D

Don't forget the 350 coins thread.

iGav[ina] is on a role lately. :p
  11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    What do I do?

I spend the better part of my day cleaning bathroom stalls and...

ok that's a lie...

I usually spend a portion of my mornings & evening writing emails to clients & potentials. I almost always spend some time editing photos from a shoot. I'm always running errands, whether it be dropping off photos for printing, or picking up/delivering some print work I had done. I usually spend about an hour each day exercising, whether it's my bowflex or bike. I won't mention the part about the bathroom. ;)
  12. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    seriously, i wonder about that lad, but he has made a slick little site for me in the last few weeks... check it out here so he does actually seem to do something productive ;)
  13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Nice site there evo. ;)

Any other work we can see?
  14. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be

cheers bud, not yet, that's all i can afford for a website right now, wanna build up a bigger portfolio of work since i started my own thing, not freelancing for others ya know. big up to iGAV for the site though, it's supposed to be a simple, one page teaser site, and i'm dead stoked at the way it turned out.
  15. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    I go to like 2 or three classes depending on what day it is, and then come back and look for hot mac using girls on, obviously.
  16. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I am currently writing a book. It's a memoir about my life between the ages of 8 and 11 (From 1975 to 1978). I get up at 6 and write about four pages a day--any more than that and I burn out. I'm up to about page 250; my targeted length is 300 pages. I'll post a "celebration" thread here when I'm done with the first draft.

After I finish my daily writing I spend most of the day surfing the Web, posting to MacRumors and Slashdot, until the kids come home at 3:30. Then I manage their homework/music practice until Mom comes home, usually around 6. Then it's dinner, hanging around sipping wine until 11 or so, and off to bed to start over. Not a bad life, overall, especially if I manage to get this book published!
  17. vollspacken macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
    in between posting I'm a political sciences grade school student and professional beer-drinker...

...and tonight's friday, bring on the Beck's..!

18. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I believe you iGAV. Most times the more intelligent and inventive type has the ability to accomplish more. It's a matter of multi tasking. That is an abiltiy to be admired.
  19. Opteron thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2004
    South Australia
    Re: Re: The "What does iGav or anyone else do All day?" Thread

I can't say I believe cannondale to be a good product, there frames come with a warning "Check periodically for cracking." And that "Hed shock" or "Lefty" freaks me out.

this is what I ride. Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0.
    (except with Marzocchi Z1 FreeRides, and Time peadles)
  20. Opteron thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2004
    South Australia
    sorry bout that:p

Attached Files:

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Re: E-Bay Business...

Since you asked for an ad, you people don't have anything else to do, you need money, and e-Bay was named.

Well... Mix it all up and it sounds like you need to own your own e-Bay business.

22. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Well, as far as work goes, i spend about 60% of my time checking email, surfing the web, hiding (that's all, i swear) in my file room, bantering with (making fun of) my coworkers, and generally avoiding any work i have to do. the other 40% is me in Project Manager mode, where i'm storming around, yelling at people, trying to get people's asses in gear to meet deadlines. let's just say i'm much more pleasant in my jovial mode than my obnoxious driven mode...

and, of course, whenever possible i sneak away from work, to do any number of things, including shopping and shopping, and sitting on my ass getting high. Occasionally i get high and go shopping, which is a remarkably bad idea... unfortunately my sneaking-away ability has been reduced somewhat, as my new boss actually gives a damn about whether or not i'm at work during the afternoons.

23. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    Re: The "What does iGav or anyone else do All day?" Thread

great thread ;)

besides this forum, i go to other sites related to history, music, and high tech

i work two jobs in computers (mostly PC darkside related stuff) and landscaping (for rich people)

i go to class and this semester i am studying computer graphic design pre-press and it has nothing to do with my major per se but since i put "graphics" on my business card, i have to keep up...he he

i build model boats of commercial fishing vessels from balsa wood which are from scratch because i like to be involved in something too hard for me to complete

and i watch a few shows on tv...extreme makeover, the history channel shows, the food network shows, animal planet shows, queer eye for the straight guy, 24, american idol, and vh1 shows

but most importantly, i sleep and i am not one of those who can get less than eight hours of sleep...i could call myself lazy or call myself highly intelligent because those are the two groups of people who like to sleep a lot:p
  24. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Most of the day I go to school in my hometown.

Sarah Hughes went to the school that my school is across town from! :rolleyes: (yay obsure references)

iGav? He does nothing all day... haha.

I go to too many forums, I'm cutting back... really.

I have like 5 forums I visit regularly... I can't do that...

I had a vacation this week so that was very nice to me... allowed me to relax... ahh.