Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
iOS 6 with a unified file system would have been bold and daring. Making some ugly icons as the centerpiece of iOS 7 that hundreds of amateurs could make better in less than 24 hrs is not a sign of a company with a market cap of $450 billion. It's actually kind of pathetic given their talent pool and cash. Investors aren't impressed either.

And I'm sure Apple used a lot of money in R&D to see what the market trends were and it revealed it was time to freshen up the GUI of iOS. But lets wait and see what happens when the final of iOS:7 is released.

Wasn't there a lot of complaints when iOS:6 revealed Apple ditched Google Mas for an in-house solution? Yet at the WWDC, iOS:6 had the highest adoption rate? Hmm...

AppleBoyFreak

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Kentucky
Until iOS 6, iOS was magnificent. Rich. Luxurious. Extravagant. Exuberant. AMAZING. INCREDIBLE in a word! Its aesthetic had no match.
The whining bloggers started complaining about Leather and Felt. Two apps that needed fixing, that was it. Then they jumped onto 'Skeuomorphism' bandwagon just because of Leather stitching and Contacts apps being like realworld counterparts. It was actually not that big of an issue.

Apple Overreacted. Removing everything that could be associated to the real-world. Like Reflections. Gloss. Shadows. Stripes. Textures. Colors. A reflective dock. Sign boards in Maps. Even Buttons, couldn't be saved.

Now all iOS 7 is, strictly speaking appearance-wise, obnoxiously ugly. Headache inducing. Every app looks the same, like it was put together the last minute. White everywhere. No shadows. Hard to read text. So much that it alienates the loyal and familiar iOS audience.

In the end, the bloggers successfully managed to bring down iPhone's OS aesthetic to 'just another Andriod-looking OS'. iOS has lost all it's character and richness. Everything feels dumbed-down and subdued. :(

I actually don't mind that he/she is complaining simply because I enjoyed his/her writing style.

Heb 7:4

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
And I'm sure Apple used a lot of money in R&D to see what the market trends were and it revealed it was time to freshen up the GUI of iOS. But lets wait and see what happens when the final of iOS:7 is released.

Wasn't there a lot of complaints when iOS:6 revealed Apple ditched Google Mas for an in-house solution? Yet at the WWDC, iOS:6 had the highest adoption rate? Hmm...

Ios6 is awful, but it constantly had pop ups asking you to update.

Ios7 on the other hand looks very promising. I am happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.