The Wii/PS3 availability/sightings thread.

Discussion in 'Games' started by cutsman, Nov 30, 2006.

1. cutsman macrumors regular

I want to start a thread here to help everyone (and me! :D ) who is currently looking to get either a PS3 or Wii. I know both these systems are nearly impossible to find, but perhaps with each others' help, we won't need to wait til after the holidays to get our hands on the system(s) of our choice.

I propose we post any in-store sightings of available systems, including store, location, date, time and ideally, the number of systems they have available.

Let me start:
    I stopped off at Toys R Us in Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada... the one at Yonge & Bayview. I was there checking to see if they had any Wii's (which they didnt :mad: ). However, I was very surprised to learn they had ONE 20gb PS3 available. This was today, November 30, at around 6:40pm. I hope this helps some one out there... if you want to try your luck tomorrow morning.

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Just wanted to add in that if any of you guys are looking for a PS3/Wii and you know a store in another state/etc has them in stock, you can try calling them and ask to have it shipped to you. ;) Just a heads up.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Several of the Best Buys in St. Louis put out PS3s today.

4. abbottpc.com macrumors member

Best Buy in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio had PS3's in stock today. I wish I had the money to buy one.

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Charge 3 of them, then sell 2 of them on Ebay for $900 each. Bam! Free 3rd PS3. I would do that if there were PS3's available to me.

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

Best Buy, Circuit City, and possibly Target will have Wiis on Sunday. I got a Wii on my first try last Sunday by going to Best Buy at 7:30. They had 63 of them and I was #19 in line.

Not sure how many they will have this time (of course it depends on the store and location) but I hear they are basically doing the same thing as last week.

7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

This is really starting to get me mad... why are all the stores waiting until Sunday?! People would buy them today. Wii Seeker originally said today for Target and Toys 'R Us, but now it says Dec. 3rd, and that's for all the stores in my area. Sunday isn't a very convenient day for me. :(

Does anyone know if any stores plan to sell Wiis regularly during the week? I could easily go after class.

8. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Well, it is the Christmas shopping season and they figure if they are going to put it in their Sunday ad - they might as well have them. Sure people would buy them as they appear, but the stores goal is to get you in so maybe you buy something else...

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm sure every store would love to sell Wiis all week long--- if they had enough stock left over from the Sunday mobs. :p

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

from what i understand, stores get Wiis on Fridays but most stores hold on to them until Sunday since they're all putting them in Sunday advertisements. Also, most, if not all, Best Buy stores got PS3s either yesterday or today, but very limited quantities. So I'm guessing other stores probably got a few as well (Target, WalMart?).

11. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Well I do realize it's for the Sunday shopping for Christmas, but I just find it unfair to others who can't make it there at that time. My family and I have church Sunday mornings. I may have to skip a week because I'm seriously getting desperate. :eek:

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Catch a late morning service. Best Buy has normally passed out tickets and had their systems all redeemed by 11:00.

13. Xirtic88 macrumors newbie

Wii in Madison, WI

I was at Circuit City West today and they had Wii's in stock. The guy at the counter said that on Sunday at 10:30 AM they would be receiving a shipment of PS3's.

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The Target I work at in VA has gotten two shipments, on two different days, of four 20GB PS3's (totaling 8) earlier this week. Of note, they arrived via FedEx not on the Target truck delivery from the distribution center (DC) and therefore going early to Target will not get you one. FedEx usually delivers to our store around 10AM.

20GB PS3 shipments:
    Monday 11-27-06 - 2 boxes (2 in a box)
    Tuesday 11-28-06 - 2 boxes (2 in a box)

Of note, the PS3 boxes are unmarked so that it is impossible to tell what is in the box until opened.

Wii's have not been sighted since their first delivery via the usual DC shipment.

15. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Next time you hear something about the Wii, can you please tell us when they arrived? Thanks! :)

16. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Okay, things just got very exciting for me! :D My mom brings up a good point: why not go to Saturday evening mass? Duh! Why didn't I think of that? I'd have to go alone, but it's better than having to wait until after Christmas to get a Wii. I'm suddenly very happy. :) So I was wondering... since our local Best Buy opens at 10 AM (later than I expected), would arriving at 8 AM be too early? That's my plan for now. I have to actually see if they'll have Wiis in. I'll be checking the papers tomorrow for ads.

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It depends on your area. You can check earlier to see if there are people lining up and that should give you a good estimate. You should also go ask the workers, they might be handing out vouchers earlier.

18. izibo macrumors 6502

Just make sure the Wii is in Best Buy's ad again. I know it will be in the Target ad, but I hadn't heard about Best Buy. Also, Target opens at 8:00 AM so that may be a win-win.

19. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Is there a definite confirmation on the Target ad? I keep calling to check with them and have heard "definitely Sunday" to "we don't have any now and don't know when we'll get them".

Best Buy was similarly evasive when I checked with them last night. Looks like I'll just have to pick up a paper on my way out the door Sunday and see who's advertising...unless any of the sites that get the Sunday ads post them early.

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's because its confidential and Target employees could get into trouble for releasing that information. The stores do have the ad by now though so that is why you are getting conflicting reports.

As far as them knowing whether they'll get them on the truck delivery on Sunday or not is probably bull. Few people at the stores could even tell you what would be on the next days truck let alone who would talk to you.

The latest we can actually see what we are getting is two trucks out (maybe a third or fourth if we are getting two trucks in one night (called a double), and to see four trucks out you'd have to have two doubles in a row).

Lastly, and of most importance, just because Target has something on ad does not mean that all stores will have said item in stock!

21. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Thanks for the info, QuarterSwede. I figured it was a mix of secrecy and plain not knowing - it's just frustrating as a customer trying to decode the conflicting messages and figure out if it's going to be worthwhile camping out somewhere early Sunday morning.

Good point about the ad - I'm thinking Best Buy is my "Best Bet". :)

22. buffalo macrumors 65816

Is it even worth it to try to pick a Wii up to sell? I'd like to get one eventually , but need the cash for other things (car) right now, so the Wii for me is going to have to wait. The Wiis on ebay seem to be going for a little over $400 + shipping I'm thinking I may get up early to browse the Sunday adds and then possibly to Target if it looks like they may have them.

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm curious as to why there seems to be little to no mention of Circuit City. :confused: On other sites, they're saying that CC will also have Wiiis on Sunday. Wouldn't hurt to phone one near you and ask if they have any, and how many units.

24. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Okay so I just got the Saturday paper and the Wii appears in ads for Circuit City and Target... but curiously not Best Buy. Does this confirm that they will not have them in? Target and Best Buy are literally across the street from each other so it's not a problem if one doesn't have it. I just have to get to the right store early enough.

I didn't even bother asking anyone at Best Buy. I'm just assuming they will have some since they did last Sunday and many sites are saying Dec. 3rd is "the day."

Anyone?

25. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Er, why not ask a manager at your local BB? It's not that difficult to look up a # and call, even right now, to see if they will have them.