1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

The World's Most Elaborate Swiss Army Knife

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by cleanup, Aug 26, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

cleanup

[​IMG]

:eek:

2. macrumors 65816

mark!

looks very convenient :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68000

Josias

i really laugh if this thing doesn't have a tooth pick:D

do you have a list of it's "components"?;)

4. macrumors 604

scem0

It might just be quicker to list what it doesn't have... :eek:

e

5. macrumors 68020

someguy

Does it play MP3's?

6. macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Dude, it's called .m4v, not mp3. :cool:

7. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

No, but it has a laser pointer! These are actually for sale for a mere $1200.

8. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You wouldn't go messing with the Swiss Army if they were all packing one of those, would you? :p

Does it have that little pointy thing for getting stones out of horses hooves? Very useful.

9. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Doesn't the definition of knife mean to have one blade?

I'm not sure if this thing even has that, amongst all the other 'handy' tools is posseses.

And I'm sorry, how big would your pocket be for this Swiss Army Knife? It would be so heavy it probably comes in its own case, or fixed onto a counter top - not exactly the design we're used to.

Sorry, I find it pointless. But someone would buy it..

10. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Although I can't say this with 100% certainty, I'd suspect this is a model made especially for retailers for display purposes – I doubt there is any intention to actually market or sell such a knife.

11. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Good thinking Batman, but iMeowbot said these were for sale, $1200? :confused:

Edit: or was that sarcasm? $1200 is veeery expensive for what it is, but.. well, you know people..

12. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

13. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Fair dues – I misread iMeowbot's post and thought that the laser pointery bit was available for $1,200 (I know, I know... :eek:), but yes it does indeed seem you can be the proud owner of such a device! Your horse's hooves need never be clogged again...

£1,200, eh? With the excellent $-£ exchange rate at the moment, maybe I ought to invest in one... ;)

14. macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

that thing must come with a quick reference guide to show where each gadget is on the freaking thing. Or it will take hours to find the bottle opener:)

15. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

Mehhh. I've always been a Leatherman type of guy. Tooth picks and fecking magnifying glasses. Aye, whatever.

16. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I must admit I'm a little lost on the need for two keyrings on the bloody thing. No sign of the fabled horse hoof destoner, though :(

17. macrumors 601

ITASOR

If you were just cutting something simple, wouldn't it be way too bulky to use with such a small blade?

18. macrumors 68000

Spock

Yeah, I love my mini Leatherman its awesome and mini;)