The Worst and the Sickest Idea Ever But Maybe Not.

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Sep 30, 2003.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Maybe some of you have heard of this. A band in Florida called Hell On Earth is planing an onstage suicide. Cnn.com link

The band has also done sick stunts like this in the past:
    I checked out their site at http://www.hellonearth.net/ and they have some pretty sick concert pictures of skinned baby cows and then the caption
    And then it shows him throwing the slurry on the crowd. :confused: :eek:

Not my idea of a concert.

They city council passed a law stopping the suicide from happening but now the band says that they will have the concert in a hidden area and have a live feed of the suicide on their website.

I personaly feel bad for the guy doing it. Having a crowd cheer me on isn't the way i would want to go. :confused:

Should they be able to do this?

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Damn, talk about a serious case of overexposure to the sun. That seems to happen a lot here in Florida...

3. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

ok, just gonna say that i read that like 3 or 4 days ago...the band is FROM florida originally. they were planning to do this in some town in russia.

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

truly terrible, and sick. people like this scare me, lol. well it wont be hard for the police to find out the location of the band, all they have to do is ask around. that would be really odd seeing someone end their life on stage, even if it was on purpose. to me that would be a horrific image stuck in my mind during the rest of my life, but i guess thats why i dont go see people like this in concert.

iJon

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Maybe they should plan on castrating every member of the band one night...

People like this don't deserve to pass on their seed. ;)

---

EDIT -- Maybe PETA should plan on doing this to the band one night. :p

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Why would a person do this? :( Let someone die just for publicity? Idiots...It's good that they passed the law....:(

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, they are going to remove themselves from the gene pool, that's about the only good thing I can from this.

Totally stupid and you really have to wonder what will happen afterward......

But there are places in the world that public execution still takes place - this just doesn't make any sense....

D

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This is one of the most disgusting ideas I have ever heard...Wow...This reflects poorly on all of humanity.

Let me get this straight--the band is going to commit suicide on stage? I believe some people were thinking that they were going to play while someone ELSE committed suicide on stage...Both ideas are disgusting, but I'd prefer they didn't drag someone else into this, whom they probably coaxed and probably knocked right off the deep end. If the latter were the case, they'd be hauled right off to jail after the concert.

I hope the cops can bust this up and provide mandatory psychological services to these whackos (and anyone else they've drawn into complicity).

This is highly disturbing, and I feel SO sorry for the relatives, esp. the parents, of these individuals.

10. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

no, the band are pro-euthanasia, or pro "right-to-die". A friend of the band is terminally ill and has been invited to kill himself onstage.

11. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

While I agree with the right to die if you are terminally ill, I find it disgusting that one would want to do this on stage.

12. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

...and i expect 99% of the population would agree.

Coopdog:
    i'm wondering why you called the thread "The Worst and the Sickest Idea Ever But Maybe Not." I get the "worst and sickest idea ever" bit but not the "maybe not" bit?

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This sounds like the "60 Minutes" segment with a taped suicide. At least that one was for terminal illness!

14. ibilly macrumors regular

15. ibilly macrumors regular

16. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

After thinking about it there really is no, "But maybe not."

Wouldn't a terminaly ill person have many pain killers and other drugs that would be easily to overdose on?

They are claiming that this will raise awareness for people that have to do back ally aided suicides. Yes, back ally, suicides, hmm?

What are they going to do after he kills himself? Mosh with his body or something, just sick if you ask me.