The worst film you've ever seen in the theatre?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Blue Velvet, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sometimes, there can be nothing more depressing than using your hard-earned money, and wasting time and effort to go and see a movie in the cinema which turns out to be a complete disaster.

It places you in a bind: Do I walk out or not?
    Especially difficult when you're with someone else...

Mine would have to be Cocktail with Tom Cruise and Bryan Brown.
    The absolute pits... but I stayed until the bitter end.

On the way home, my then-boyfriend wouldn't dare speak to me -- he knew how much I hated it. :D

What's the worst film you've made the effort to go out to see?
    Not on TV or DVD-rental but in the theatre... something you've paid hard cash for and dragged yourself out of the house only to find yourself hating every minute. And did you walk out? Or even try to claim a refund? :eek: :D

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

There was some stupid break-dancing movie I went to in high school with some friends. Can't recall the name, but man did I want to get out of there. Of course, being with friends precluded that possibility, especially in high school.

Then again, we all got to make fun of the movie later...

I've never actually walked out of a movie. I don't see that many in theatres, especially now with kids, so I try hard to pick good ones.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Saving Silverman, i believe it was called, im not sure, man that thing was horrid, i walked out, left my friends there, it was just a pointless horrible movie

this is why i now just buy movies on DVD when them come out, rather than going to the movies, its cheaper (if you are paying for a date too) and you can watch it whenver you want, and you have the option of reselling it, not for what you paid, but if it is bad you can at least get some money back

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Also Elisabeth Shue, a major crush of mine at the time (and still) - so I couldn't hate the movie.

7. Brize macrumors 6502a

Brize

The Matrix Reloaded, which my friends dragged me along to see. I lasted about half-an-hour before I felt compelled to walk out.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's a close one for me too - but the only movie I ever walked out on was Clash of the Titans

D

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Titanic. No doubt about it. Utter rubbish.

I managed to ruin the film for a friend too, by mentioning the fact that the ship sank. Apparently she didn't know and I ruined the ending for her! :eek:

10. keithpetey macrumors member

the blair witch project. talk about overhyped...

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Torque, with out a doubt the worst film I have ever paid to see in the cinema *shudder*...I don't even want to go in to it...

12. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

The only movie I've walked out on in the theatre was Anything Else, a Woody Allen movie starring Jason Biggs. Me and my girlfriend went to it on a whim and didn't realize it was a Woody Allen movie. I know a lot of people love him, but I can't stand him.

Another thing I thought of, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King was an excellent movie. Even still, I almost walked out on the last half hour of it. That was the worst anti-climax ever.

13. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Oooh. Had forgotten about that -- was dragged to it by a Harryhausen obsessive... although Laurence Olivier playing Zeus was worth a (small) chuckle.

14. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I'd have to go with Blair Witch. Didn't walk out but I should have. What a bunch of overhyped crap.

15. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'll second that crush. I even watched Adventures in Babysitting because she was in it :rolleyes:.

O/T: How to Make an American Quilt, starring Winona "5 Finger Discount" Ryder. While on vacation in The Outer Banks, my wife really wanted to see this movie. By the time she talked me into it, we had to see the 10.30p show. There were perhaps 12-15 people in the theatre, and I was the only person who did not fall asleep on that movie at some point. My wife made it at least halfway before she gave up the ghost.
    A simply atrocious and pointless waste of celluloid.

16. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Oh that movie would have been so much better had Cruise killed himself and we just followed Bryan around drinking for another hour.

Worst movie I paid to see in a theatre, Kung Pow.

I refuse to walk out of movies though. No matter how terrible they are I will at least give them the benefit of the watch.

Hidalgo was the closest I came to walking out on a movie.

17. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

18. iGav macrumors G3

What the hell did you expect... :eek: :p :p :p

19. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Fire in the Sky, 1993 walked out

On Deadly Ground with Stevan Seagal, last 30 min was so bad, had to stay to see how worse it could get

Star Wars I, such a wasted opportunity :(

Underworld, laughed out loud at the end

20. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

First off...it wasn't my idea, there were a few of us, and it was a mates suggestion. I was hoping it'd be a Fast and the Furious on two wheels (I like fast and furious for the sheer switch off, be entertained by stupid fast cars factor). But, it was no where near as good as the F&F :eek: and that's saying something!!!

21. Kato C. macrumors member

What the Bleep Do We Know!

"What the Bleep Do We Know!"

Don't get me started.....It is the only time that I actually began arguing out loud with a movie while I was still in the theatre...I started shouting at the "experts" on the screen. I wasn’t going to leave; I was staying and telling them what I thought. (This isn’t my normal behaviour.)

The amazing thing was that my very wonderful wife didn't object.

The unfortunate thing was that this was a film that I chose given recommendations by friends. She agreed to go instead of seeing a nice, touching Oscar contender. I told her that I owed her. She agreed. She's been choosing for the last while.

22. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Breakin', Breaking 2: Electric Bugaloo, Beat Street, Beat Street 2 - any of those ring a bell? Shabba-Doo.

So many bad movies. For me - Waterworld - a friend of mine and I paid to see it when it was 113 degrees F outside - 3 hours of air conditioning was worth watching the insufferable Kevin Costner.

Any of the new Star Wars movies - George Lucas has truly lost his creativity, not to mention his mind.

23. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

That IS saying something. But I know what you mean about switching the brain off for some mindless entertainment. Even so...Torque??? :p