The Worst Games..

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Jun 5, 2006.

1. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I started thinking about those bad games that make you want to puke....and to think..you spent money on these games and they suck more than madam Jinx on 139th street.

This is for EVERY system....

Frogger(hate em all)
    Coded Arms(can't believe i spent $39.00 on this)
    Mario Bros 2
    Joust
    Conan

Just to name a few.....whats your take?

Bless

2. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Madden 06 for Sony PSP. Such anticipation for such a buggy, crappy game.

3. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Bros 2 is a good game, just not as good as any of the others in the series. It's better than a lot of other NES games at the time however, so I wouldn't call it the worst.

Anyway, worst DS game by far: King Kong. I wrote a review on that hideous game. DON'T BUY IT. It's horrid. Worst game I've ever played.

4. thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't know what i was thinking about buying coded arms but it almost made me throw my PSP out the window.....i hate that freaking game.

I really hated Mario bros 2......hated the music(i can hear it now) i almost brought it for my GBA SP(the super mario advance thing got confusing) yea but that wasn't the game for me i gave it away.

Bless

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, I'll come back to this when I've got an actual list but for now...

the worst games I own, or the least played at least-

Bomberman DS- great for multiplayer, absolutely fantastic infact. Just bad singleplayer
    Timesplitters 3- ouch. They took what was good in TS2, removed it and made it an EA game.
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSP- No. Let down so much by the PSP screen. unplayable.
    Lemmings PSP- This was not meant to exist.
    Eternal Darkness- Started off good but didn't hold me.
    Any 3D Sonic- Should not exist in 3D.

6. macrumors 65816

One game my mate showed me was 'Land of the Dead - Road to Fiddlers Green'. It was kind of like the game developers just thought the concept was hilarious or/and boring. You were a hill-billy type character that moved through a variety of locations from a hospital, the city to sewers in the most inane and pointless fashion. The puzzles were as complex as finding a switch for a door. 50 times. NEVER BUY THIS GAME.

7. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Sonic Adventure 2 was enjoyable.

The rest were not.

8. macrumors 68020

yippy

Biggest waste of money for me was Kindom Hearts. The game had some potential in the game play but Disney ruined it. The worst part was the ending, a decent build up and then the most anti-climactic, cheesiest, lame ending ever.

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sacrilege!! Up there with Res 4 in my book :)

Worst games.

The Transformers - Commodore 64 Destroyed my childhood ! Only next years movie can restore my love...
    Ape Escape on the loose - PSP Japan - Just plain CRAP !
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4 & 5 - I cant stand football, so what posseses me to buy the game just because it gets a great review. Dick head!!!
    Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - Xbox I thought it would be a good smash brother style game for the xbox, I was drastically wrong....
    Mario Baseball - Gmecube Worst Mario game EVER !! EVER EVER!!

10. macrumors 68030

risc

NHL 2K6 on 360
    Nintendogs on DS
    Tron 2.0 on OS X

Those are the 3 games that stand out in my mind as "WTF was that?".

edit: Just noticed we are going back to the C= 64 days. In that case Impossible Mission "Stay a while... stay forever!".

11. macrumors 68030

risc

I really liked that game have to say I hated Mario Golf (or whatever it was called).

12. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Joust?! No way! And I agree with one of the above posters, Mario 2 was a good game, just not as good as the others.

My vote is for Chopper Attack for N64. I literally tried to give this game away after I bought it, and none of my friends would take it.

13. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's alright then - we can just balance each other out - I love Mario Golf :D

14. macrumors 68020

srobert

I would say 99% of the movie based games sharing a release date with said movie…

…

… and E.T.

15. macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Midnight madness-ps2- Bad graphics and plain not fun
    X2 The Threat- WAYYYYY to complicated
    Medal Of Honor Frontline: No where as good as its conterparts on pc/mac

16. macrumors Core

Dagless

100% of movie based games, with the exception of Goldeneye ;) I don't think I've ever kept a movie based game.

One more. Burnout on the PSP. Ouch. I'd love to know why the PSP version costs more than the Xbox version, with the Xbox walking over the PSP in every damn aspect (except portability).

17. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The ending was so the sequel could continue.

Don't blaspheme against Kingdom Hearts :p

18. macrumors 6502

The Lords of The Realms III for PC..absolutely horrible IMO....

so was shadowgate 64 for n64...i hated it soo much,..

19. macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Metal Gear Solid 2. Completely ruined the franchise for me. I swear, it was written by drug addicts, or people in a a mental hospital.

Alien vs. Predator for the SNES. It was like playing freakin Streets of Rage. (Which was cool by the way)

TMNT for NES. Enough said.

20. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

These games

Attached Files:

21. macrumors regular

DevilDog

Just to start: RE4 was an amazing game.

But both Starfox's for the cube were a let down... the first was just stupid and the second I thought was going to be amazing because they made it sound like it took them 3 years to make when it kind of was sucky...

Anything made by EA.

Kingdom Hearts for the GBA Blows.

Polarium for the DS is like any simple internet game.

DDR Mario Mix.

I like Asphalt Urban GT, but I just wish they would have put the camera higher so that you could actually see in front of the car.

22. macrumors regular

The matrix game for the gamecube.....it crashed on my GC three times in less than an hour so I never played it again........something to do with the memory stack and a heap of code appeared on the screen...

Anyone want it for free ?

23. macrumors regular

Ringo

CD-i Zelda game! all of 'em (we should buy every copy of these game, burn them and then use some gadget from Men In Black to flash them out of our memory)
    Mario lost in time(or something like that)
    Myth 3 : the wolf age (I was really disappointed)
    That jurassic park game on SNES with top view... never understood a thing from this game...(ok... i was young and couldn't understand english but still...)
    The superman game on n64!

And a bunch of other!

24. macrumors regular

DevilDog

Dude! That Jurassic Park for the SNES kicked A**!!! Me and my bros would rent it back in the day and leave the SNES on for days because you couldn't save the game. There wwere even parts that were FPS!!! on an SNES!!! It was pretty cool. I actually think we bought it now that they're so cheap...

25. macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Conan? As in Conan, the halls of volta?

Come on! That's a classic!

Well, most hated game: any prince of persia, warrior within. What did they do to the Prince!