Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That's the thing you dont see posts when something is working like its supposed to, but when you have that many people having the same issue its not isolated or just user error.
Its verified and problematic;)

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I upgraded 2 of my 3 iOS device to iOS 10.0.2 (and considering upgrade my iPad pro to 10 as well) not because the jailbreak dont work fine (for me, it works great) but these days more and more apps begin to have jb protection on them and can't use them anymore, and I tried some popular methods with no success.

Even restarting my device to be in "stock mode", the apps I want to use still detect the jailbreak. It become less interesting for me now because those 2-3 apps I want to use is on top of my usage.

I dont know why some apps do this, especially Cable TV app who I just want to use it to watch program on demand or direct TV with my cable sub. If jailbreak start to be like this with more and more apps blocking it and iOS more and more difficult to jailbreak with a large hole between each versions of the JBs, my interest to jailbreak my device will decrease fast.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
@Gathomblipoob & @Applejuiced

I think a lot of the problems with this latest jailbreak is that it was so easy to do so a lot of people that wouldn't have thought about it before done it this time.

The worst thing is when people that don't know about jailbreaking or refuse to learn about it before they jump in with both feet and start installing and messing with stuff before they know what it does.

Now guys calm down before we turn this part of the forum into what some of the other bits of it are like. :)

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
People that JB on the iOS 9.3.x.....better than running stock. But many have posted problems.

And when that certificate expires next year and no new JB news, then what?

The earlier JB on 9.0-9.1 is better. Untethered and the modicum of new features since 9.1 are relatively minor IMO.

panagis

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2015
Thanks for replying, I deleted the pangu app and ran cydia impactor again but the same pangu app keeps installing. Please see attached picture.

When I click start it tells me to lock the screen BUT when I lock the screen I do not get the notification "jailbreak successful, phone will respring". Instead, the phone resprings into non-JB mode.

I am so frustrated.

UPDATE: Followed this guide http://jailbreak.25pp.com/ppjailbreak/?from=25pp_00119

Now I have the pangu icon that you have bandofbrothers but still I cannot enter into JB mode.

*sighs*

Update 2: A lot of ppl on this site in the topic below are having similar issues. I followed one suggestion and went into airplane mode and rejailbroke using the black and white english pangu app now im jailbroken again. Thanks for the responses again.

http://www.redmondpie.com/re-jailbreak-pangu-pp-on-ios-9.3.3-after-reboot-heres-how/

With this springboard:
1. Paint your phone blue
2. Throw it to the nearest sea

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
One of the best jailbreak tools so far. Zero safe modes. Zero resprings and zero reboots.

If you say so.

I turn off my phone nightly. Re-jailbreaking each morning... I'd just as soon avoid that.

And lest you forget...the clock is ticking, counting down when that certificate will expire.

Or maybe you forgot?!

Reactions: Applejuiced

panagis

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2015
If you say so.

I turn off my phone nightly. Re-jailbreaking each morning... I'd just as soon avoid that.

And lest you forget...the clock is ticking, counting down when that certificate will expire.

Or maybe you forgot?!

Never mind if certificate will be expired. I will pas another. I have these two icons. 0 problems. One of the best jb tools ever!

02997c2f2fc4f53f934b5b8147c7b17c.png

panagis

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2015
Never mind if certificate will be expired. I will pas another. I have these two icons. 0 problems. One of the best jb tools ever!

* in one year from now maybe i am in ios 10 jb. Never mind about certificate.
02997c2f2fc4f53f934b5b8147c7b17c.png

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I like this JB. I have the PG Client app on all of my iPhones. It does have some bugs. I can't get get FaceBook++ or Instagram++ to stay installed on any of my three iPhones running this JB. Those two mods delete themselves every other day or so.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I like this JB. I have the PG Client app on all of my iPhones. It does have some bugs. I can't get get FaceBook++ or Instagram++ to stay installed on any of my three iPhones running this JB. Those two mods delete themselves every other day or so.

Weird. I had no problem at all with the Facebook++ tweak.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I turn off my phone nightly. Re-jailbreaking each morning...
What's the point of turning it off? Why not just put it in airplane mode or Do not Disturb?

If there still isn't a jailbreak for iOS 10 by then, it will mark the longest time a new OS went without a jailbreak, and by a long-shot.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
If there still isn't a jailbreak for iOS 10 by then, it will mark the longest time a new OS went without a jailbreak, and by a long-shot.

As the adage goes, "There's a first time for everything".

And I'd just as soon not run that risk. Especially when the 9.0 JB worked for me.

What am I out?...Night mode? Big whoop-dee-doo.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.