Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
THE WORST WEB SITES IN DESIGN OR FUNCTIONALITY

As a regular contributor on here (and the dude who maintains the "Helpful links..." sticky topic) I thought it would be fun to try something, well, different.

Please post links to the worst sites in design or functionality here based on the following criteria:

• Dynamic - i.e. database or CMS or basic complexity and use of modern technology layer of some sort (avoid simple HTML, static or old web pages)
  • Nobody you know - no friends, family or co-workers
  • Ugly - in terms of layout, design and theming (not graphics alone or ugly pics)
  • Functionality - more than just one thing broken, must have poor overall technical design or implementation, horrible usability, overblown interface, etc.

PLEASE ALSO DESCRIBE *WHY* THE SITE YOU POSTED IS WORTHY OF BEING CALLED THE WORST YOU'VE EVER SEEN - FROM A TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVE, OF COURSE!

*JUSTIFY YOUR PAIN!
:eek:

What I'm really hoping for is that people comment on the sites and maybe, just maybe, we can all learn what to do by seeing what not to do. Turn a negative into a positive by discussing failures in best practices, etc. And, of course, to laugh a bit in the process and have some fun!

*I reserve the right to comment on your post and try steer the forum back in the right direction if it goes astray or any rules broken.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
How about if I take a shortcut and relay the work that's already been done?

No fun if we just link "worst sites" listed on other sites.

Come on, folks, this is a teaching forum, so find something out there that sucks and makes you want to show to others as a lesson on what NOT to do! That's the spirit I'm looking for!

(but thanks for the reply, your effort is appreciated)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.