The Worth of The Clintons' Memories

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by patrick0brien, Oct 9, 2003.

1. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-All

I know it's a rarety these days, but here's some phun from the Clintons:

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs. His wife Hillary got $8 million for hers. That's $20 million for memories from two people who for eight years repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything.

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: The Worth of The Clintons' Memories

Not to defend Clinton's lying (which I consider to be pretty bad, BTW), but he did have precedence.

Remember how Reagan forgot key details of the Iran-Contra affair? Or have you heard of the MCA debacle or Reagan's memory after he left office?

Just like how there were skits about Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that women" or "That depends on what the definition of 'is' is," there were sketches back in the 80's to the effect of "I do not recall at this time."

Clinton wasn't the first President lying to save his own butt, and he won't be the last.

George W? Are you listening?

Taft

3. wwworry macrumors regular

Re: Re: The Worth of The Clintons' Memories

Clinton lies about an affair and he is a "liar". Bush lies about public policy, government policy, and everything else and he is "an honest man". Go figure. See The Hazards of Watching Fox News thread.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    "selective retention" is just SOP in government these days.

rummy doesn't remember his meeting with rice last week...

rice doesn't remember removing the "16 words" from a previous bush speech when approving his SOTU speech.

bush doesn't remember much about his campaign platform.

clinton doesn't recall much.

nixon and his cronies perfected the ' i don't recall" statement.

heck, even arnie doesn't remember much about the T&A groping...

but just ask them if they remember their accomplishments...then they're able to remember everything...