"The WoW starts now"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MattG, Mar 13, 2007.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Wow indeed

Attached Files:

2. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

win2k3 does that too. i actually prefer this "feature" rather than restarting windows abruptly.

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

They still manage to present it so nicely too. You can see a lot of effort has gone into thinking about how that message should be displayed. :rolleyes:

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Ah, the good old BSOD. I got one of those while trying to install the Mac drivers on Boot Camp. Gave up and went back to Parallels after reinstalling Windows. It may not be the best-looking error message, but at least Microsoft put the effort in to make it as user-friendly as possible.

5. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

I'm trying to install it in Parallels now -- that's where I got the BSOD. I just installed it, hadn't done anything. It rebooted after trying to install some drivers, then poof...it asplosed

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm using Windows XP SP2, you're using Windows Vista. Perhaps differences between XP and Vista explain why my install works and yours does not.

7. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

More than likely. XP has been great on Parallels for me; I just need a Vista partition for testing purposes at work. I'm trying to install again. I've got the latest patches from Parallels, and they say it's compatible. :rolleyes: