the yawning kid video

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 1, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

look for "Letterman Clips", under the april 1st entry. see the 1st and 3rd ones. is all this for real? ever since that bastard zim started that fake bin laden thread, i'm skeptical of everything.

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

that's funny.

according to letterman, it's real. watch the "letterman responds to cnn" clip.

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I understand it is for real as well. I don't know if CNN's really taking responsibility for calling it fake or they are covering for White House sources. Now, what I loved was the Daily Show clip that ends "Robert Novak - douche bag for liberty." That's funny!

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

No, it's still there. Scroll down or word search for Letterman.

Fake or real, it's hilarious. I especially like when he looks at his watch.

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

"never believe anything until it's been officialy denied" - British PM Jim Hacker :D

whether it's real or fake (and you can guess my opinion :) ), the fact that the white house found it politically threatening enough to bother denying it is pretty sad. then they reversed course, making themselves look like dumbasses. :rolleyes:

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i see paul krugman wrote a column about it. sure makes CNN looks like manipulated dumbasses.

7. wwworry macrumors regular

This administration is totally strange. I guess they figure all bets are off and why even bother with the truth. just win, baby...

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

no they're still there. Just scroll down the page and you will find them.

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    nope, i scrolled, i searched...heck, i even spelunkered. must be my browser.

anyway, i downloaded the original clip and letterman playing the two CNN whitehouse denial's
    here ...dave call's the whitehouse claims "100% lies".

then CNN backtracks and says the whitehouse never called to say the clips were doctored and apologizes to dave(this clip is on letterman's site).

so who's lying...CNN or the whitehouse? Letterman's site states they have a good source that says the whitehouse DID make the call to CNN. Either way, CNN looks pretty stupid.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit