The Zen of rockclimbing

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Apr 12, 2004.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

It's about the here and now. It's about the full utilization of your body. Sinew and muscle.
    You're not thinking about yesterday, tomorrow, or what's for lunch. It's about strength and technique. No posers here. Either you got it or you don't.
    For people who sometimes need a "fix" to get out of their imaginations and in tune with their bodies; it's the perfect activity.
    Fear is conquerable. Show your courage and judgement of your abilities.
    Peril does make for sharpening the senses. Senses do become anesthetized in this modern world.
    Climbing blows that apart. Thank goodness.
    That's what the Zen of rockclimbing means to me.

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I turn to skateboarding for all the same reasons. it provides my body and life with balance. it is artistic, graceful and physically vigorous all at the same time.

I always feel good after a few huge ollie to fakies on a quarterpipe or even on the street just doing tricks on flat. its a very zen thing to me and a form of meditation because of all the concentration it takes.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've never actually climbed real rock, but have done rockwalls a few times. I love it. U are right, it takes a lot of full body strength to do it. I may be hitting up some wall action with some friend soon actually. :D