Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
When you wish someone a 'Merry Christmas' what does it have to do with the birth of Christ? It means 'enjoy the food, enjoy the family, just enjoy the general period of indulgence and forget work for a week'. And on the PC train of thought, last time I checked it was perfectly acceptable to wish everyone a 'Happy Hanukkah' (at least it seems that way in the movies :D ).

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
But do they get upset to see a Christmas Tree or to hear carols. The way everything is so commercialized does it really matter to wish someone a Merry Christmas.

I find the whole thing just like weird, like walking up to random people on the street and congratulating them on their new jobs.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I find the whole thing just like weird, like walking up to random people on the street and congratulating them on their new jobs.
I don't think people go up to complete strangers and wish them 'Merry Christmas'. Or do they? Freaky, if so. I would have to agree :eek:

Circumcision, 1st Jaunary. Now that would be an interesting logo.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
you are correct. I never thought of it like that. But a few of them have told me happy hanukkah.

oh well to each his own. well any way

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :D

Just in case I miss ya this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.