Themes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by surajnangia, Mar 16, 2006.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

Hi

I am new to mac,
    I wanted to change its theme
    Where can i download themes for man
    What is shapeshifter
    How to i download that
    for free

Thanks

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

For starters you can get Shapeshifter here – there are also some useful links on that page for sites where you can download themes from. You could do worse than starting at Max Themes – there are some very nice themes over there.

3. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

im about to download a theme from max themes, what happens when I want to set theme back to the original mac osx theme?

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

You will have that option in Shapeshifter

5. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Nope, it's not free software. You can run tit on trial mode for a certain number of days (I can't remember how long exactly, maybe a month?), but after that you'll have to stump up $20 for the licence.

7. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

i really got into doing things with themes, and i think it was mostly because i have seen some really cool ones on friends wintel boxes. thing with the mac os is that for the most part, it is near perfect already. although i have liked a number of the themes that i have used in shapeshifter for a while, i always went back to the standard interface. it just works well enough.

its fun for a while though. i second the advice to check out shapeshifter. i liked the Milk interface personally