Theory for the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rhema, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Rhema macrumors member

so, ever since i saw the "main" screen for the iphone i thougth it looked very very boring. for one thing, if you can set your own backgrounds, why high the background on the main screen? also, if you can eventually add more programs, i ddont just want a screen of buttons. Also, the buttons are just going to be plain square boxes?

so i felt like over all the screen was real plain and not very "innovative" so then i thought, I bet the screen is a fake screen, and they will reveal the real screen when the product is released because they didn't want anyone to copy it until the phone came out.

who knows..maybe this is wishful thinking. But i just think the main screen looks very boring.

2. adamyoshida macrumors regular

I very, very, very much doubt if that is the case.

3. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

The wallpaper is for the screen in its blank, input-locked mode.

Being a phone with no physical buttons, having a wallpaper behind a sea of buttons would be a cluttered mess. On top of that, each button must be large enough to identify and accurately press with a finger, so each one would obscure huge chunks of the wallpaper. In short, the interface we saw is the real deal.

Only screens with a few buttons show the wallpaper. Just look at Apple's site--everywhere the fish appears, that's where your selected image appears.

4. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Apple choosed to have the main menu on black because it stands out. It's easier to use without a consfusing background.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Their Mac OS X demonstrations don't have a confusing background to complicate things, either.

They wanted you to see the icons and what was happening with the phone, not some background graphic.

6. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Yeah OP, im sure you're right. They will probably reveal some screen with physical buttons and everything!

And hey people from the past, we have backgrounds now! yay! :D and surprisingly it doesnt look cluttered!

/resurrect

7. hipvamore macrumors regular

i think my IQ just went down after reading this

8. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

lol

9. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

hahaha reading through the old threads are kind of fun. It kind of brings us back to reality a bit, realizing that all THESE posts about the iPhone 4 will seem ridiculous someday.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Someday?...90% of the threads seem rodiculous today, nevermind in a few years lol

11. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

12. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Yeah, it does. Anything that's not a simple texture looks like a Myspace profile from 2001. But it's what the people wanted and the competition has it, so here we are.