There is a video iPod, who's with me?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jimsowden, Oct 6, 2005.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

2. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i think we will see video ipods on the 12th for sure

3. kineticpast macrumors member

Did you even read that article or more importantly, think about the content of that article?

That Google-cached page (which is almost a year old) obviously was an Apple page featuring a Quicktime video and little else. So obviously the title of the page is meant to be read as 'iTunes + iPod' Video, not iTunes + 'iPod Video'.

It simply is the old page that contained the long promo video that featured the iPod, mini, iTunes, Music Store and Airport. I've got the old video on my Mac at home.

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

I think Apple do have a video iPod, and have had so for a while now, they just won't release it. Theres nothing to support it fully yet. Movies on the go just isn't viable at the minute like it is with music. Once everything has been set up around it and it becomes viable, they will then release it, and it should be dam good!
    I agree with kineticpast, I think that article is nothing.

5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I don't know. Think Secret says no but I'm inclined to look at the Wall Street Journal myself.

6. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I hope there is a video ipod. I am in the market for a new ipod to replace my old one which finally crapped out. If the video came out now, then I could get that one instead of the updated 80 gig! Lets hope it does come out!

7. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Something (big?) is coming obviously. I hope it is something in the iPods, but can't help but think we'll be let down by the hype of video again...again! Maybe other things will have video, but past experience tells me there will be no release of the video iPod yet.
    I'm looking forward to see what comes. If it is updated normal iPods (not necessarily video) I hope they make the new iPod software that is on the nano available for the other iPod with colour displays.

But like everyone, I hope there is a video iPod! (not that I'm going to buy one, I can't afford one!)

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Come on jim, you called the emac upadates once, where is ourside info this time around?

Anyways im with ya. I think itll happen.

9. crazyjoeda macrumors member

I think theres a good chance we will see a video iPod. I can't see Apple inviting the media to announce that they have higher resolution displays on Powerbooks and a 20gig larger iPod.
    What ever they announce I expect it to be big.

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I like the look of this mock-up, posted at engadget.

I have faith in our member podfuture, too. He/she was dead on with the nano.

Attached Files:

11. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

That's right, it'll be big. Say it all together now, GAPLESS PLAYBACK. :D

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasefortheloveofgodplease!

12. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Put in my vote for ipod video too. As to how they will make this left/right handed, they could put in a gravity switch that will automaticly flip the video screen and controlls. kind of like my camcorder. when you flip out the little view window it will upright itself to however the screen is positioned.

13. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i really dont see the point of them . I mainly use my ipod for music and an occasional photo to show family and friends.

If there was a video ipod store how big will the movie files be to download like say for a 2 hr movie? Let me add i seriously doubt apple will go this route...

14. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I think there will be no video iPod Oct. 12..... the earliest we would see one is March 06. We should get an upgrade on the iPod line to 40 and 80GB. Also, the one last thing is probably directed at PowerMacs or PowerBooks. Both are needing updates and with IBM's annoucement of better chips this looks to be the right time. It would be awsome to see 3Ghz G5's...... Anyway thats my 2 cents.....

15. MacVault macrumors 65816

What if you want to use the iPod upsidedown?

16. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

This event is obviously a continuation of the last media event held in September. so it's definetely related to the iPod. Video is also my bet.

PowerBooks and PowerMacs will be updated on Tuesday the 11th quietly or during the Financial Webcast Call.

17. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Why do people assume the files will be big? I know I did, but have been corrected and seen some good points that convince me that they could be compressed very effeciently. You are playing video on a small screen, so do not need the very best quality, the same as compressed audio through iTMS I guess. If you want higher quality to stream to your TV, I'm sure apple has that covered too, maybe not just yet, but soon through a firmware update or upgraded model.

18. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'm not with you. You are my opposite, the SuperVillian to the Superhero.
    I still no it's not going to happen. And Apple doesn't give out flyers usually broadcasting Steve's infamous catch phrase for just a Video iPod. It's gonna be something better than that.

19. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

But which way round is it??!! hehe :)
    Bigger than a video iPod??!!....oooooooo...thats even more exciting!

***Tingles!!***

20. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I would like to think of myself as the SuperHero and JimSowden is the Evil Video iPod emperor.
    But remember. No capes.

21. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

22. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Seeing as how the "There is no video iPod, who's with me?" is closed, I would like to take the this opportunity to ask those in that thread what does crow taste like? and how do you prefer to eat it?