1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

There is NO backlit keyboard on the 2.0ghz new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by noahmateen1234, Oct 14, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I just got off a chat with a apple rep, I also called and both have told me the Macbook 2.0ghz $1299 model DOES NOT have a backlit keyboard.
    #

Hi, my name is Tomeca F. Welcome to Apple!
    #

You: hi
    #

You: i am thinking about purchasing the new macbook that is $1299
    #

Tomeca F: Good evening.
    #

Tomeca F: Would you like help with your shopping?
    #

You: i have a quick question
    #

You: it says ships within 1-3 business days, if I ordered it tonight and did overnight delivery would it be here tomorrow?
    #

Tomeca F: I'm happy to assist with that.
    #

Tomeca F: It would really depend on the shipping option that are available on the shipping screen.
    #

Tomeca F: The 1-3 days is how much it would take to get it ready to go out the door.
    #

You: ok
    #

You: also i want to double check the specs on the $1299 model with you
    #

Tomeca F: Sure.
    #

You: it has a 2.0ghz core 2 duo cpu, 2gb ddr3 ram, backlit keyboard, superdrive right?
    #

Tomeca F: I am really sorry for keeping you waiting, I'll be just another moment.
    #

Tomeca F: It does not have a backlit keyboard, we are sorry. That is a typo we are working on correctinbg.
    #

Tomeca F: *correcting.

that is the conversation with the Online rep.

2. macrumors G3

Sounds like it was a bot.

3. macrumors member

lol :D

4. macrumors 6502

ok apple needs to get this straight, i asked a rep and a phone sales person and they said it IS backlit??!

5. macrumors 68000

The updated MacBook also incorporates some sensible upgrades from older configurations. Two gigabytes of memory are standard, and a $1,599 configuration adds the wonderful backlit keyboard that Apple had previously reserved for its pricier, pro-oriented laptops. (The online Apple Store indicates that the $1,299 MacBook also features keyboard backlighting, but company spokeswoman Teresa Weaver said earlier today that this listing was incorrect.)

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/apples_laptops_go_upscale_in_a.html

Sorry suckaz, if you want the backlit keyboard, you gotta pay the big bucks!

6. macrumors 65816

Apply needs to fix their damn order page once and for all... that same person said something totally different earlier?

7. macrumors 6502a

dcorban

Who looks at their keyboard anyway? I guess if you are the hunt and peck kind of person. ;)

Also, the screen gives off a lot of light and it was very easy to see my keyboard, or even read a book, using my older Macbook.