There will be no media event tomorrow, right?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jope76, Jul 6, 2005.

1. jope76 macrumors member

I mean, if there was a Apple media event planned for tomorrow, we would have heard more about where, when and why, right?

2. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Yeah I havn't heard anything about it since that was started. Anyone know anything?

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Well, if you were a member of the media expecting an invitation, yes.

For us rumour-mongers, possibly not! ;)

4. jope76 thread starter macrumors member

So what you're saying is that we have a bunch of magazines and web sites that have received detailed info and none of them have leaked anything.... Yeah probably.... ;)

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I thought legitimate news sources had reported that there was an event? :confused:

Either way, we'll know within 24 hours.

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I thought a few news sites had reported a special event for the 7th. I was figuring Apple would join with Moto and Cingular to unveil the iTunes phone (woo-hoo :rolleyes:).

AAR, we'll know soon enough.

7. Hattig macrumors 65816

Unless they're going to find out at the same time!

Usually one website somewhere messes up and releases information early. Which may be why they're going to find out at the same time!

Either this is *massive* (complete revamp of iBook and PowerBook design and specifications) or ... nothing interesting.

8. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

The rumored media event tommorow is going to be an announcement of the iTunes/Motorola phone...

ShadOW ;)

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For the people who think that iBook or Powerbooks will be announced at the media event...

Keep dreaming. Computer line updates, like a new generation of computers, don't come at media events for Apple. They come at the expos.

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

And speed bumps don't even rate a media event. Usually they just show up... next Tuesday, anyone?

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I assume that the media event is still on, and if it is, it is bound to be the Moto-iTunes phone...

12. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

yeah, i'm slightly confused too..

normally if there's a big ipod-related music event, the details get leaked out. wasn't it just ONE french news site that reported this and everyone mirrored the story?

13. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

There have been many rumors going around about the iTunes phone and its design etc...So i think we can be sure it will be the next major release apple make..

ShadOW ;)

14. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

sure, i think we're all pretty much sure that's whats going to happen..but only one obscure mac site has even reported that there's going to be a media event..huh?

what we're saying is that if there's a media event, why the hell isn't there more details? time, venue..?

15. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Perhaps because Apple has successfully plugged a number of leaks. I, for one, have noticed a sharp decline in substantial rumors lately.

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The thing that we know for sure is that we will know in 24 hours. The lack of information about the event is just the usual secrecy from Apple. I do remember earlier that Apple set tomorrow for an event. If ti occurs, should be around 9am PDT.

17. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

heh, easy for you guys - you only have a 3 hour difference. Some of us have to wait the whoooole day before it hits 9am west coast time :p

hopefully some more details will trickle through today..

18. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

19. superduperjacob macrumors member

20. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

God you all beat me to it...

Hopefully this means big updates at Paris.

21. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

is insider ever wrong???
    answer yes to this question :)

22. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I suppose a very limited number of people actually know what's happening tomorrow. (Something or nothing)

23. brianus macrumors 6502

But isn't there supposed to be something going on next week?

24. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Maybe you should read closer. THe media event hasn't been cancelled. The speculation created about it being similar to last year's iPod univeilng is false reportedly. There is still an event going on 2morrow, however, Apple is trying to take the focus of the iPod probably because it is something else and they don't want people to get dissapointed looking for the wrong thing. A new or updated product will probably be unveild, but not an iPod is what they're saying. Read closer. Hint: Probably ibooks.

25. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Next week is MacWorld Boston. Nothing would please me more, if something would be announced during the conference. I realize that its high unlike from Apple, since Steve has turned his back on us. There is always a possibility of something from a third party company.