'There will be no video iPod' – Apple

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 18, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
  3. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

4. macrumors member

Thank god for that.

The iPod is simple and beautiful, has a clear purpose which has been implementet to near perfection. It's about the music. Full stop.

I also think Apples new policy about being more outspoken about future products is excellent. At least we know a bit more what to expect (re 3 GHz, the G5 PB etc.). This is a new strategy for them and I applaud it.

5. macrumors 6502

I agree. The iPod is so popular because it is simple and does what it does well.

- reaper

6. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

My thoughts exactly when I read the title of this thread :cool:

7. macrumors 6502a

macridah

true. why watch a movie on a 2-3 inch screen. If you wanted a portable dvd machine, then use your laptop.

8. macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Link working now. Yeaaaaaah
    Well for one thing the screen resolution would not be the greatest, to say the least. And you would need a magnifing glass to see it. I'm glad, and hopes it stays what it is....Simplicity with style.

9. macrumors G5

nagromme

But photos would be useful

Videos make no sense now. But photos are another matter!

Just add video out and you can show your iPhoto library on any TV--with iTunes music! My credit-card-sized camera has TV-out and does slideshows, it's not a big deal anymore. And iPod already has some photo functionality, after all. This would do nothing to complicate the core music function, and would provide one more use for that music.

And people already show photos on the tiny screens of cameras--ALL the time and with a poor UI--so even THAT has a use, if the iPod gets a color screen. (Neat for album art... and gentle on batteries if they use OLED... wishful thinking.)

10. macrumors G5

nagromme

But photos would be useful

Videos make no sense now. But photos are another matter!

Just add video out and you can show your iPhoto library on any TV--with iTunes music! My credit-card-sized camera has TV-out and does slideshows, it's not a big deal anymore. And iPod already has some photo functionality, after all. This would do nothing to complicate the core music function, and would provide one more use for that music.

And people already show photos on the tiny screens of cameras--ALL the time and with a poor UI--so even THAT has a use, if the iPod gets a color screen. (Neat for album art... and gentle on batteries if they use OLED... wishful thinking.)

11. macrumors regular

sockeatingdryer

12. macrumors member

Boy am I glad to hear that there won't be a video iPod. :) I can just see people walking down the sidewalk and then run into a post or something else because they had their head down trying to watch a video on their iPod. :rolleyes: