There's a black border around my clock app..

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by FelixMC, Mar 22, 2008.

1. FelixMC macrumors member

Jan 4, 2008
    It's spring break, and I'm pretty bored, so I thought of practicing my programming by building yet another app.
    Since I ran into problems, and wasn't able to finish my alarm clock app and I didn't want the code to go to waste, I imported some of it to a new xcode project. The new app is an analogue clock. I drew the clock in Photoshop, and saved various parts of it as independent documents. Using Quartz Composer, I overplayed them in a new composition. In the same composition I made a seconds arm, which rotates 6º every second, a minutes arms which rotates 6º every minute, and an hour hand which rotates 30º every hour.
    Everything works as planned, except that when I test the interface in IB, or when I open the "debugging" version of the app from Xcode, there is a weird, thick border going around my clock, taking away from it eye candy-ness.
    At first I though maybe there are some shadows overlaying, from the clock image and the window shadow, but even after i removed the shadow from the clock image, the border is still there.
    I'm running out of ideas on what's causing this, so I though I'll ask you guys for help:eek:..
    Below is a link to the photoshop clock files, the quartz composer file, and the xcode project.. Thanks in advance for any help :)
    EDIT: Umm, forgot to mention, but I'm somewhat of a newbie at Obj-C, so don't go too technical:eek:..