These accessories are starting to add up!!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dru106, Apr 9, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Mar 18, 2011
    With so many amazing accessories for the iPad it's getting pretty pricey but well worth it!! I guess that's another reason why the Xoom isn't doing so good....
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    So well.
  3. macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2010
    Very true, but you gotta admit it's fun shopping for them!
  4. macrumors member

Mar 20, 2011
  5. macrumors 68000

Mar 5, 2011
    So Far:
    $40 - Griffin case on launch day
    $39 - HDMI adapter on launch day
    $15 - Targus Stylus
    $9 - Nataal Stylus

$40-$80 - New Case
    $10-$30 - Screen Protector

6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2008
    LOL, don't even get me started. With as many cases that I have purchased I probably could have bought a 16gb iPad 2! :eek:
  7. macrumors newbie

Mar 15, 2011
    Skip the screen protector. The iPad 2 has Dragon Glass for the screen. You aren't going to scratch it unless you are throwing it uncovered into a suit case full of scrap metal.
  8. macrumors 65816

Mar 24, 2011
    Your total cost will equal the price of replacing any possible damage that may occur to your device. Waste of money if you ask me.
  9. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 18, 2011
    $20 iLuv case
    $50 incase magazine case
    $40 HDMI Adapter
    $20 Stand

and im thinking of getting the usb camera and SD card reader?
  10. macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2010
    The key is to buy quality stuff that will be transferable to future iPad versions because you will get nothing more for your iPad accessories at time of resale. However, if you intend to keep it for 3-4 years, then it's different. My intention is to upgrade so I spend the least possible on any accessory that is specific to this iPad version.
  11. macrumors 6502a

Apr 9, 2011
    San Diego
    I bought the USB/SD reader camera kit the first day the iPad 1 was released. I rarely used it. If you plan to take pictures with a camera that has a memory stick, it might be useful to you. You don't really need it since the iPad 2 has a camera now. I mainly use my iPhone 4 to take pictures, and I use the "transfer" app to copy the pictures to my iPad via wifi.
  12. macrumors 65816

Sep 7, 2007
    The SUN
    I just chalk I up as a loss. Sorta like having money aside for a shop claim.
  13. macrumors 68000

Mar 5, 2011
    I'm not sure how much it costs to replace an iPad 2... but, I don't think $40 (Griffin case) + $80 (max for a new case) + $30 (max for a screen protector) is enough to replace one?

Besides, cases are more than just protection (and the ones I like aren't even that protective)... they're for personality and function. Tens (if not hundreds) of millions of people will have the same looking device within the next year... what's wrong with a little individuality? Plus, my iPad 2 can't hold itself up in landscape... or portrait... or in a comfortable typing position.

I'm also not sure if I'll even get a screen protector... I never had one for my iPhone 4 and its screen is still scratch free (knock on wood). Plus, I really suck at installing them =(

Also, a good condition iPad 2 makes for good resale... iPad 3 is right around the corner =P