These new magsafe chargers are not cool...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mikelong622, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

So I was looking at my girlfriend's old Powerbook and noticing how much better they reinforced the area where the plug meets the cord and how poorly the new magsafes are reinforced. Anyways, my charger isn't charging anymore, and I'm guessing that due to the poor reinforcement of the cable, the wires inside have all cracked and aren't connecting like they should. So my question is...does anyone know if Apple provides any sort of warranty for these things. If I can take it into the Apple store and show them that it does not charge and that there aren't any cracks in the casing or any other damage...do you think they will replace it? I'm really not wanting to spend 80 dollars on a new cable and I lack the skills to take apart the cord and reattach the wires myself.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They will replace it, with your receipt from under a year ago...

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The one-year warranty covers the adapter as well.

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Apple offers a one year warranty for any of the hardware included with your Mac. There should be no reason why Apple won't replace your power cord.

Good luck.

5. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I'm going to have to come up with a form response for these threads. MagSafe shouldn't change the way you unplug your Mac. Grasp the plug and pull. Just like unplugging the iron or the vacuum, you don't yank the cord because it will rip everything inside apart. MagSafe is a safety mechanism for once in a while use, not every unplugging use.

6. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I think the magsafes are great! There were many times were my girlfriend would jump on the bed beside me and just take the cord out of the Macbook instead of the whole computer!

Maybe you're being too forceful with them?

7. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

No I think the problem is that usually I plug the cord in all the way on the other side of the computer. (The outlet is on the other side) So it's being bent all the way around and maybe that's doing it. I'm definitely very gentle with it. I love my computer too much to hurt it.