Thesis animation - I need your vote!

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Apr 2, 2005.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Hey everyone. My award winning animated film Illume is in the April competition of the Slamdance Anarchy Film Festival .

You can view the film there as well as vote on your favorite film for the month. Which is Illume, I hope. The winning film from each month will compete against the other winners online at the end of the year competition as well as have a special screening at the Slamdance Film Festival in January in Park City.

Please help me continue to win awards and get into other festivals with your vote! A lot of time, blood, sweat, and tears went into this film so please help me out. Any crits/comments/questions here are more than welcome!

THANK YOU!

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Hello again teabgs. I registered at Slamdance, have saved the site. So later when I check my messages, I'll vote. Wishing you success, good luck.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Good luck. Hope your creativity and hard work pays off with big time recognition.

4. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I VOTED FOR THE PUPPY

Just joking! I voted for yours. Although "The Puppy" was done very well. Still, some of the dialogue was lacking.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

good luck!! ill be sure to watch and put in my vote!!

6. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

NOT THE PUPPY!!!

Thanks for the kinds words everyone. It's great to hear from people (especially if they've voted for me :D ).

Honestly though, winning this would just be a nice perk, I already won in my book by getting the project completed, learning a lot, and improving my craft. I just hoped for one award when I started, I got that, so now it's all gravy.

If anyone is interested I kept an online production log since July 2003, which is pretty interesting to read how this film came together. Here is the Illume area on my site. There is general info, the production log, stills, and some clips (test shots and deleted scenes) there so feel free to take a look.

Again any questions/comments etc are welcome for both the film and anything else really. But please take the minute to get a vote in before doing so :)

7. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

8. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Thanks Hoef! Glad you liked it.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

you know guys, teabgs would watch and vote for your short film, if you weren't too lazy to make one... :)

10. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Yes, yes I would. :)

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I voted - so when do you find out who wins?

D

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Have you thought to enter into the Project Green Light competition?

13. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Mr. A: We find out on May 1st, don't know an exact time. They're based in CA and they updated the page around mid-day on April 1st. However, I will be in London and probably asleep before it is updated since I'm arriving ON MAY 1st via a red-eye flight. So, I'll probably find out on the 2nd. oh well.

Lacero: No. No I have not. I had only heard OF it before, didn't really know the whole deal behind it so I just looked it up.

I'm still not really interested. For one, it seems to be all live action and I'm an animator. I've done live action in the past, but I want nothing to do with live action film unless I'm in a post-production role (editor, special effects, compositing, etc). On set live action production is not for me. I'm also not a writer. I have written short screenplays before, but have no desire to even think about writing a feature.

IF they had an animation part, I'd consider it, and probably try for it, but I don't know that I'd want to be on a tv show. Interviews and such are fine with me, but I wouldn't want to be walking down the street and have people recognizing me. We animator's like to be on the other side of the camera ;)

Although, if I could get a decent budget to shoot my next film I'd do it. It would take a lot more time to do than the live action stuff...for one thing, if I had to animate a 3 minute scene, well... first I'd have to fabricate everything. Then I'd have to shoot it. The shooting, depending on what is going on, etc would go at no more than 12 seconds a day. Realistically, if I'm not on as tight a deadline as on Illume I'd only shoot about 2 seconds a day and have VERY nice animation. I don't think Bravo would want to spend that much time making the show.