They are available in-store, in Canada

Discussion in 'iMac' started by drambuie, Jan 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

This morning I went to the Apple store in the Conesotga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario for the purpose of seeing the new iMacs in person, never expecting them to be in stock. I asked if they had any 27" iMacs in stock, and was told they had just received a shipment and had at least one 27" iMac, with 3.4GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, and 2GB GTX 680MX. This is the standard top end store configuration, under model # MD580LL/A at $2599.00. They said that, of the few 27" iMacs received, this is the only configuration they've been getting, and they sell quickly.

For me the decision was a no-brainer, so I bought it, along with Applecare and a USB Superdrive. I haven't set it up yet, as I have to do major re-arranging to give it the place of honor on my desk.

2. macrumors member

What a coincidence, I'm thinking of going there tonight to see if they have any :). Thanks for the post.

3. macrumors member

braddicted2mac

good buy you were very lucky to get there at the right time enjoy it !

4. macrumors 65816

I'm going to go with the 21.5" with fusion drive and memory upgrade. I wonder if the Apple Stores will ever stock it with those options?

5. macrumors newbie

Lucky Guy, I go into that exact store every once and awhile to just to torment myself while I wait for my 27" to be delivered

6. macrumors newbie

Figures LOL. I just got notice that mine has shipped today wheras I was going to cancel if the Conestoga store got them in first.

7. macrumors newbie

Son of a bitch - I sent back my yellow screened imac with this exact configuration, after having THAT EXACT STORE take a look at it - they didn't have one at the time to just do a straight exchange with... of course, now I've been without a computer for over a week and the replacement hasn't even shipped yet...frustrating to hear this news :(

8. macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Damn you sure got lucky!! That's the exact configuration I want. I called the Apple store here in Toronto, Eaton Centre. They do have the iMac 27" but only the lower end model. I would have compromised but at the very least I would want the fusion drive, which they unfortunately did not have in any of their models.

I'll be frank. I think all macs should come with solid state drives or at least fusion. I could never use a regular mechanical hardrive anymore. Especially, not after using a solid state. Mechanical harddrives are dead and outdated!