they blew up an ibook

Discussion in 'Community' started by homerjward, Jan 26, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

they just blew up an ibook on that game show on comedy central! those bastards! well, thats about it, not much else to say...

2. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

THOSE BASTARDS! THEY SHOULD BE SHOT! SOMEONE FIND THE VIDEO OF IT SO I CAN WATCH IT REPEATEDLY WHILE LAUGHING LIKE A MADMAN! :p

3. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

5. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

worse than...

It was bad... I was appaulled when I saw the sexy white book blow, (although it was kind'a cool seeing that it held a lot of its dignity).
    If only the could have blown up the scooter instead...

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hah! I saw that. It sucks it had to be the ibook. That was the best prize. It should've been the ghetto Segway that shuld've died.

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    was it a g3 with logic board problems if it was then no big loss hehe

8. deral macrumors regular

deral

...hmmm, maybe in the next revision of the iBook, they'd use materials that are used in bomb-proof glass.

9. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

apple DOES use the materials used in bomb proof glass. iBooks are lexan. Bomb-proof glass is lexan. Just different strenghts of the same material.

10. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

The prizes were peas, a rip-off Segway, an iBook, a digital camera and printer, and a Vespa scooter I think. Does Apple cover having your computer blown up :D

11. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I saw that (the gameshow is called Distraction, I love it!) Better their iBook than my iBook I say. Did you see how the keyboard just went flying when it blew up? I thought that was pretty neat.

It looked like a 12" anyway. Now if it were a Powerbook or a G5, I would have cried.

12. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Another poor iBook has bitten the dust.

I just witnessed the anihilation (sp?) of another defenseless iBook. Also a Vespa and an assortment of Rice-A-Roni, but the iBook was hard to watch.

13. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

They blew up a laptop at the airport I work at (before I worked there). Someone left it unattended for a while, and since bombs can be built into laptops, someone aparently made the decision to have it destroyed --to be on the safe side. I never heard if it was an apple or not though (hope not). I kind of feel bad for the passenger, but then again, I have to listen to a voice constantly droning all day long about not leaving bags unattended, so it's not like they weren't warned.

14. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

No kidding. If they want to do it again they can use my 800Mhz G3 iBook :mad:

15. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

How about a PC? Have they tried to blow one up yet? Believe it's very common compare to blowing up macs. People are just so fustrated w/ them.