They're still after Bill Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Only -- being the morons that they are -- they've got the wrong Bill Clinton.

Retards. Excuse me. Calling them retards is an insult...to retarded people. :mad:

Anyone read Joe Conason and Gene Lyons' "The Hunting of the President"? It's a scary book, more hair-raising than any Stephen King novel I've read. Some of these Clinton-haters are not just politically-motivated, they are just nuts...and this is obviously one of 'em.

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

But they are the party of values and christianity, I don't understand?

It's just time to stop listening to anything from the right for a while. Until they finish their reinvention into whatever they are becoming.

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

how in the world are you pinning this isolated incident on right-leaning individuals/the entire republican party...?

it's more than a little presumptuous of you...

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You mean you've never heard Hannity start a sentence with "You liberals..."? :p

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

of course i have

and what did that have to do with my post?

all i said was i think its stupid to automatically blame the entire right leaning world on one isolated incident of vandelism

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Indeed. I've been lumped in with what is known as eco-terrorism because of my political views so I'm well aware of what stereotyping does. I just find it amusing that the left only cries foul when the right does it, and vice versa.

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

not crying foul... just saying i thought it was stupid to blame all 'rightwing' or 'republicans' for what happened in little rock

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

But only in my case? The fact that the conservative media does it daily is of no concern.

Do as we say, not as we do.

9. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Yes, some random "Bill Clinton" had his caller ID hacked and a ridiculous phone call made to the police.

Happens all the time, the fact that his name was "Bill Clinton" and that he is in Arkansas has nothing to do with it.

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Combat evil wherever it lives and whenever it breeds. In this case that calls for not just ignoring but denouncing extremists on both sides.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah, it's not very productive, is it?

12. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Just another example of the point I was making, the current Republican party doe snot offer many example of values, compassion or morality. From its leadership or its followers.

The fact that you are protesting all conservatives being thrown into together is pointless as it is a staple of the right. You don't like it? oh boo hoo, listen to Rush for 5 minutes, apparantly all 'leftists' think one way and all 'rightists' think another.

13. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Geez, I didn't mean to start a fight. My point was that there's a way disproportionately large number of people who simply hate Bill Clinton because he's Bill Clinton. The book I mentioned has tons of documentation of people -- many of whom I'd never even heard of before -- who've been after Bill Clinton's a** since he first came to power in Arkansas.

But then, the authors also say (and David Brock confirms) that Arkansas is this weird backwater kind of state where vicious gossip is the official state sport, where you can make up anything about your enemies, no matter how absurd, and immediately find people who'll jump on your bandwagon, and where the chicanery and backstabbing in political circles makes old-time Chicago look like an English tea party. If this is the case (and we've got three authors in two books describing it that way), then it's no wonder Bill Clinton's got this kind of hate group pursuing him. I'm only about half-way through the book, and you know what? Hillary was not exaggerating when she talked about a "vast right-wing conspiracy." That's actually a good way to describe it. These people, who carry the banner of Christianity high, have no morals, no boundaries, and no conscience.

So while you may not be able to tar all Republicans or all conservatives with that brush, it does fit a frighteningly large number of them.