THG raves about Mac Mini!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by keysersoze, Feb 16, 2005.

1. macrumors 68000

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In addition Anadtech has a very fair article about using the mini as Home Theater machine (also posted today): Anand

I think it's great that the mainstream PC comunity is taking an interest in Apple :)

3. macrumors 603

wordmunger

God that site is slow... and so many ads!

Page 1: 15 gazillion ads. Text summary: Gosh this Mac is cute -- and so elegant! But where are the gaudy flashing lights that we Windows users are so accustomed to?

Page 2: still waiting. Sorry, Tom, you've already lost me.

4. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think you have some sort of problem with your connection. Both load for me in seconds, both at home and work. These site can normally survive a slashdotting!

5. macrumors 68030

Hemingray

While their site design leaves something to be desired (just try making your window smaller than the width of their page and see all hell break loose), their review is practically all positive! Alright! :)

As for ads... what ads? ;) (PithHelmet all the way.)

6. macrumors 68000

The ads are worth dealing with (well, spending a few minutes configuring adblock). Tom's usually gives an even handed review, it's the one PC hardware site which doesn't strike me down with terminal nausea... I'd hate to see a 'HardOCP' review. Shudder.

Quite expected, actually. Well worth bookmarking too.

7. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Ahhh... I think that was my problem. Yep, loaded quite quickly this time. Still an awful lot of junk to wade through on those pages.

8. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

A better link is to the start of the article.

Another thread, just closed, pointed to the beginning, and I didn't realize at first that it was the same article - the page 7 (the original link) layout doesn't really draw the eye to any link to other pages, aside from a relatively small "Back".

9. macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Yeah I looked in the places that I thought the thread should be before posting the other thread haha... nevermind... I guess I didn't look everywhere.