Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

*Youtube back as a default app.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps.

*More social networking integration.

*Ability to delete default apps.

Anymore?

Apple are trying to move away from Google not rely on them more. Why on Earth would they put YouTube back in as default app when they removed it to rely less on Google, and also, the YouTube App from the App store is better than the previous default app so what would be the point.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
There's also some big under-the-hood improvements to Safari in 10.9 that should make their way over to mobile Safari.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Business user like some on here, so I would love to see a longer much longer call log, I cant imagine that takes long to implement

Also FINALLY bring the ability to add groups to contacts and edit and delete them natively from the iphone without having to use iCloud or MAC

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

*Youtube back as a default app.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps.

*More social networking integration.

*Ability to delete default apps.

Anymore?

Invisible Folder backgrounds, option to rename / hide app names, icon resize (like the option for text), default app selection (default browser, default map app, etc..) oh and day/night themes as stated in previous threads (full UI).

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
• Quick reply -like on Mavericks- and quick reply APIs for apps like WhatsApp.
• Notifications instead of alerts for low battery.
• Mobile Data toggle for Control Centre.
• Up Next.
Those are mine plus

• Quick compose text from any where- I miss bite sms already
• Add a stop in Maps- One of my favorite features in Waze
• Google as the search engine in Siri
• Ability to select which apps are in control center

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
The old default youtube app was crap. The free one from the app store is way better. I have no clue why anyone would want that POS to be stuck on their phone.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Sounds like the OP wants an iPhone with the Android OS installed on it. I don't think there's a jailbreak quite that sophisticated or as reckless as that yet.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
The old default youtube app was crap. The free one from the app store is way better. I have no clue why anyone would want that POS to be stuck on their phone.

It was better in MANY instances, overall better. But I miss playing music in the background.

Payroll

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
They should have added the Twitter & Facebook status updater in the notification bar! It was so handy for a quick status update. Hopefully it's back in the Beta 2. :confused::(

i have to agree thats really all that i miss

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
In what ways was it better?

The overall UI improvements and utility improvements. Its now on par with at least the Android version of Youtube. I could read comments while watching videos. But the 5 sec ad on almost every video i play is getting annoying. I wish they will cut back on the frequency of advertisements forced upon you. Out of 10 videos I think 8 of them had 5 second ads. But I could bear with the 5 second ad with all that UI improvements. Plus the new app was way faster overall than the old app.

I'm on the fence about video playback on the new Youtube app though. Sometimes it loads up and plays instantly, blazingly fast. Sometimes I had to sit there and wait for a few moments before it started playing.

And theres that HQ/HD button iOS lacks that Youtube on Android has. That button is pretty important especially when you watch videos on cellular data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.