Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
Anyone use this? I just bought it yesterday, also for the iPhone. I plan on buying the Mac version via the student discount. I looked at Omnifocus, but I didn't want to spend double the money and then have to take a college course on how to use it. :)

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
Anyone use this? I just bought it yesterday, also for the iPhone. I plan on buying the Mac version via the student discount. I looked at Omnifocus, but I didn't want to spend double the money and then have to take a college course on how to use it. :)

I looked at Things for a long time and never ended up buying. I started using wunderlist which is much more basic but free... and it syncs with my iPhone app (also free) wirelessly. There is no iPad version at this point I believe.

The main factor that stopped me from buying was the fact that it seems that they have not updated the software in a while.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
Seems that they are working on a good release in the near future. Overall, I am impressed. I was using ToDo, which is good. But what is killing me with all these GTD apps is that they all sync with different services, and if you are not careful, you'll get multiple entries with so many different folders that you don't want because you synced a new app before you erased all the folders in there, and next thing you know every app has gone to hell quickly.

At least for me, if you can follow that.

Scott56R

Mar 14, 2008
I own Things on iPhone, iPad and desktop

It's they're all fantastic app however the developers are a joke. They've apparently been working on ota sync for over a year, the feedback they give customers is minimal.

Take a look at the culturedcode forums and see how many people are appaled..

I switched over to OmniFocus due to the slow development of Things.

blaizefm

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2009
I own Things on iPhone, iPad and desktop

It's they're all fantastic app however the developers are a joke. They've apparently been working on ota sync for over a year, the feedback they give customers is minimal.

Take a look at the culturedcode forums and see how many people are appaled..

I switched over to OmniFocus due to the slow development of Things.

Cloud sync *is* coming. Just have to be a bit more patient I guess.

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
I use Things for the iPhone because it feels like a stock app.

Yeah it's definitely an extremely high quality app. It's never crashed on me, opens instantly, never has to load a single thing... it just works.

However, I didn't buy the iPad version because I don't see myself using it really. I always have my iPhone on me, and only sometimes have my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.