Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I don't hate things, but I can get annoyed at stupidity and bad driving. Moving out of the DC Metro area, there is a lot less of the driving issues.

PlaceofDis said:
8. a fat person eating mcdonalds (come on get a grip!)

It saddens me to see people eating mass quantities of bad food. I was in WalMart a month or so ago and a very large man was in the cafe there, making his way through 2 large bags of potato chips :eek:

D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mr. Anderson said:
I don't hate things, but I can get annoyed at stupidity and bad driving. Moving out of the DC Metro area, there is a lot less of the driving issues.

It saddens me to see people eating mass quantities of bad food. I was in WalMart a month or so ago and a very large man was in the cafe there, making his way through 2 large bags of potato chips :eek:

D

oh i dont hate things either, but these are annoyances for sure. Thats sad, but today i saw an overweight woman walking/waddling in the parking lot here at my school, and she could barely move (you could tell that she had to put a lot of effort forth), but in her hand were two bags from McDonalds. i thought to myself yeah like thats going to help you...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
iGary said:
People in general.

Going to the airport is the best way to see the worst in people.

Actually, the airport is a great place to people watch - and its not all bad...especially the looks of excitement/joy when the passengers get off the plane and are met by someone. Kids are great about that too.

But there are some darker sides to the airport - security, for one. :D

D

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
1. People who litter, ESPECIALLY those who throw their cigarette butts out of the window of their car or off their balcony. It makes me want to pull them out of their car and then rip their ashtray out of the dashboard. "You weren't using this, so I'll be taking it now."

2. People who fail to signal turns and lane changes when driving. They put the blinky lights on your car for a reason, chimps. (Also, people who drive with their blinkers on for no reason.)

3. People who demand special government programs (like guaranteeing in-state tuition for illegal immigrants) that will benefit only them, at the expense of raising my taxes and the expense of all common sense.

4. People who let their dogs pee in the elevator (this happens in my building weekly, if not more frequently), ESPECIALLY if they don't come back right away and clean it up.

5. People who deface property. I can't tell you how many times an emergency exit sign has been ripped from the ceiling of my building, or even how often someone has stolen a fire emergency escape plan, just so they could take the 99¢ frame.

6. Delivery people (FedEx, mostly) who fail to deliver my package but claim that a delivery attempt was made, when I was here the whole time.

7. People who file frivolous lawsuits, or who abuse the system. (Anna Ayala, who was going to sue Wendy's, is a good example of this sort of person. Also, anyone who sues because they don't like the terms of a contract they signed willingly should be taken out and SHOT. Not killed, just shot, somewhere painful and slow to heal.)

8. People who drink and drive.

I think that's enough for now... I feel my blood temperature up already just from thinking about all of this. :)

evilernie

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
Hell yeah!

Mr. Anderson said:

You said it man, I swear living in the DC area and dealing with these idiotic drivers is going to take years off of my life. I've GOT to get out of here.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mr. Anderson said:
Actually, the airport is a great place to people watch - and its not all bad...especially the looks of excitement/joy when the passengers get off the plane and are met by someone. Kids are great about that too.

But there are some darker sides to the airport - security, for one. :D

D

I think, in the US at least, there was more of the former and less of the latter five years ago. I'm kinda with iGary on airports being depressing places now. :( But when your friend pulls up on the curb in their car and swoops you away, it does make everything better! :)

Hehe, wow, I think I would annoy a lot of people in this thread!

V.A.Toss said:
1) Not just prams, but those "double" prams pregnant women push. I mean, which woman was it that thought "hmmmm, pushing a pram in the middle of the pavement doesnt quite make me look cheap and tasteless enough. Ill push a double pram instead."
As far as im concerned, if something has wheels it goes in the road.

I feel bad to take you to task, and I'm kinda with you that those double prams are really hard to navigate around, but hmm...you might feel differently if you had to carry a child in your arms all day! :eek:

Hmmm for me....

1) I do hate it when people are unkind to the environment.
2) When people are mean to little children. I just can't stand that.
3) I need something selfish...hmmm....girls whose stomaches hang over their low-rise jeans, but who nonetheless insist on wearing the lowest jeans they can find, and bare-midriff tops, on a daily basis. :rolleyes: Oh, and people who can't color coordinate. Unless they're color blind, or clowns. Oh, and mimes. I really do passionately hate miming.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
clayj said:
6. Delivery people (FedEx, mostly) who fail to deliver my package but claim that a delivery attempt was made, when I was here the whole time.

Oh, my, I do have to relate a story of just today. I purchased something recently from a fellow MR'er, who promptly shipped it to me. I checked the tracking system a few days later, and it showed a failed delivery. But no note on my door. The next day was a Saturday, and my complex office mgr isn't there, so I waited at home around the time deliveries usually come. Nothing. Check online that evening, another failed attempt, while I was home. So I call. I find out that they have a small error in my address that is causing them to deliver the package elsewhere. This call is lengthy, but the CSR is nice, and issues a note to redirect. Monday, another failed delivery attempt. Three long calls. Unpleasant CSR on the last one, who thought it was very unusual that I should find this level of service unacceptable, but nice manager. This nice manager was a little over the top about how they weren't obligated to change the address on my request (because I am the recipient), and that they normally would charge the sender, but was nice about all of it and helpful. Package finally arrives today. I peel back the printed label that Fed-Ex generated, with their 2D barcode, etc, to chec the shipper's original writing of the address.

Of course the address, as written by the shipper, was correct, all along.

Ugh.

:rolleyes:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
mkrishnan said:
3) I need something selfish...hmmm....girls whose stomaches hang over their low-rise jeans, but who nonetheless insist on wearing the lowest jeans they can find, and bare-midriff tops, on a daily basis. :rolleyes: Oh, and people who can't color coordinate. Unless they're color blind, or clowns. Oh, and mimes. I really do passionately hate miming.

yes people who can't dress themselves are horrible. Especially girls who think they are the **** but don't look it and wear horrible clothes that make them look worse, or guys who smell and wear the same thing every day.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
People who don't wave or raise a hand when you visibly stop to let them into traffic.

People who don't say thanks when you make an evident effort to hold the door for them.

People who try to use the self-checkout at the grocery store for 300 dollars worth of groceries.

People who let their kids run around undisciplined while I try to eat my 150 dollar meal.

People who tailgate when you're doing 75 in a 65 IN THE MIDDLE LANE and you can't move over.

People who talk ten levels too high when on their cell phones.

People who carry-on bags the size of small cars onto planes.

People who order McDonald's food "without ketchup," or "no onions."

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
My biggest pet peeve would have to be websites that have been abandoned or never get updated. As in, people either start them and never finish, or they do a whole bunch and then let it languish.

friarbayliff

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
MN / IN
1. People who don't know how to merge in traffic
2. People who put you on hold as soon as you call them (or put you on hold several times during phone conversations)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Hemingray said:
My biggest pet peeve would have to be websites that have been abandoned or never get updated. As in, people either start them and never finish, or they do a whole bunch and then let it languish.
Sound very much like my site... :D

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
iGary said:
People who order McDonald's food "without ketchup," or "no onions."

Hehe... it always assumes me when people do a custom order from McDonalds. It's the cheapest $5 place on the planet and they want special treatment? LOL

Other annoyances:
Real estate agents.

Helpdesk people who follow a script.

People who talk in the movie.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
friarbayliff said:
1. People who don't know how to merge in traffic
2. People who put you on hold as soon as you call them (or put you on hold several times during phone conversations)

1. this is why i rarely let people merge in front of me, because they don't know how to. If someone is signaling then i will usually let 'em in, unless they are driving slower than me...
2. this is when you just hang up on that person

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
People who kick the back of your seat on the bus, in a movie, on a plane etc. I'm getting furious just thinking about it...

*leans over backwards and unleashes a swift slap* :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.