Things to do in Seattle

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iJon, Dec 21, 2005.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

A friend and I are venturing back up to Canada this winter. To make things fun and cheaper, we are flying into Seattle first then taking the train to Vancouver.

Basically I am going to have maybe one and a half days to as we please in Seattle. I made sure to book a hotel downtown (Warwick Hotel) so we have easy access to many things. The only thing I've really researched that I think will be fun would be the Boeing factory. Anyone been there who can say if it's interesting or not. I really can't see how the biggest building in the world and making planes wouldn't be interesting. I figured the Needle and the Aquarium would be fun to see as well.

Fill me in with some good info locals and travelers!

jon

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i've only been in seattle to do shows, so i never got much sightseeing time. one year, i wasted what little time i did have going to the space needle. i highly recommend against it.

i did go to elliot's at the pier for seafood, and make my way back there whenever i'm in town.

i'm going back in april (performing in bellingham), and we're taking some extra time to go down to mt. st. helens (safety permitting, of course).

also- i've heard the train up to vancouver is beautiful, and that vancouver island is almost other-worldly beautiful.