Things to do on a mac!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glay, Sep 15, 2004.

1. glay macrumors member

Hey, I'm a mac newbie and I was wondering what you use your macs for?
    Also, are there any cool things to do on macs, besides gaming. I've just got mine and I don't know how to appreciate it!
    Thanks!

2. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

Professional graphics design. Many websites and magazines are designed on macs. Digital music, photos, and music are great things to do. GarageBand is also fun.

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Use it for anything. I think even web browsing and text editing is made nicer on the Mac.

Well, there is that whole grapics/video design thing that they seem to be made for, but I have never been the creative type :D .

4. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

i use my computer for work and for school. im a college student so use it for reports and such. and i work in an IT dept at my school. so i ues it to download programs (like ad-aware) for computers that are so tormented they cannot access the internet on their own.

the coolest thing i do with my mac is laugh at windows users who have viruses/adware/spyware (the record on one computer was just set yesterday at 715, broke the old record of 450!).

5. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

i use my pb for pretty much anything - except gaming and making coffee...

one thing which hasn't been mentioned so far is music - connect it to your stereo and you'll never use your cd player again! mmmm - i love itunes...

but off course - pretty much anything which can be done on mac can be done on pc and vice versa!

btw - it seem mac is very popular not only w graphics, design, video and so on, but music/sound editing as well?!

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

You could use it to make your coffee though. Just get some X10 hardware and a controller program and you could control your coffee maker (or anything else).

7. makisushi macrumors 6502

Anything you want!

I am a Ex-Graphic Designer, so naturally Mac is in my blood. Now I use it for internet, email, video editing (family videos...), it hosts my daughter's website as well.