Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glay

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
Hey, I'm a mac newbie and I was wondering what you use your macs for?
Also, are there any cool things to do on macs, besides gaming. I've just got mine and I don't know how to appreciate it!
Thanks!

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Use it for anything. I think even web browsing and text editing is made nicer on the Mac.

Well, there is that whole grapics/video design thing that they seem to be made for, but I have never been the creative type :D .

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i use my computer for work and for school. im a college student so use it for reports and such. and i work in an IT dept at my school. so i ues it to download programs (like ad-aware) for computers that are so tormented they cannot access the internet on their own.

the coolest thing i do with my mac is laugh at windows users who have viruses/adware/spyware (the record on one computer was just set yesterday at 715, broke the old record of 450!).

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
i use my pb for pretty much anything - except gaming and making coffee...

one thing which hasn't been mentioned so far is music - connect it to your stereo and you'll never use your cd player again! mmmm - i love itunes...

but off course - pretty much anything which can be done on mac can be done on pc and vice versa!

btw - it seem mac is very popular not only w graphics, design, video and so on, but music/sound editing as well?!

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
You could use it to make your coffee though. Just get some X10 hardware and a controller program and you could control your coffee maker (or anything else).

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
Anything you want!

I am a Ex-Graphic Designer, so naturally Mac is in my blood. Now I use it for internet, email, video editing (family videos...), it hosts my daughter's website as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.