Things to do while waiting for my powerbook?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by C-Mezak, Jul 17, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

A good deal of threads in this forums involve the temporary insanity that people go through while awaiting delivery of their new apple machines.

I am waiting for my new 12" powerbook. Im a switcher and I cannot wait to herald the arrival of my new mac. But other than browsing for accessories and constantly refreshing the fedex tracking site, can anybody recommend good websites to visit that will prepare me for my experiences with my powerbook and with osx? Or anything else for that matter that you think I m ight find useful.

Thanks!!

Charlie

2. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

A pain I know all too well. I just purchased one of those and 5 days can't come fast enough. However, I am trying to avoid looking at accessories and peripherials as I can not afford any of them.

One site I like to check out is http://www.macupdate.com. There you can find some freeware and shareware programs that you might be interested in. http://www.lowendmac.com usually has some decent articles about Apple related issues. Another thing you can do is just go link hopping. MacRumors has links to many great places with good information. Just see where that takes you.

I hope you enjoy your purchase and welcome aboard.

3. McBain macrumors member

I feel your pain, brother. I'm in the exact same situation. I ordered a 15" PowerBook 8 days ago and I've been trying in vain to keep myself occupied since then.

I'm been reading Mac OS X: The Missing Manual by Daniel Pogue. As most people who've read it will tell you, it's quite good. He explains things clearly and there's loads of depth.

Even better (at least for me) are the video tutorials at Atomic Learning. These Quicktime movies give you a more visual introduction to Panther and working in OS X.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    go spend some quality time with your family because once your mac comes, that will go out the window

5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Well, you already found a very good site; this one.

If you want to know little tricks with OS X there is always Mac OS X Hints.com