Things wrong with iOS 7 site (calendar app)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by musio, Jun 13, 2013.

1. musio, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

macrumors 68000

musio

2. macrumors 603

It's clear he hasn't even used iOS 7 and is just going off screenshots.

3. macrumors 6502a

Maybe, but I agree that the Today view isn't structured enough. I find it visually difficult to consume. Text for weather is silly. Giant agenda floating in the middle of nowhere instead of an appointment list is inefficient.

And the missing dots on Calendar's month view also irk me.

4. macrumors 6502

I just assumed the dots were a bug or oversight and would be there for release.

No way they take that out, right?

5. macrumors 6502a

Maybe, maybe not. Anybody who seriously uses the calendar likely has dots on every single day, rendering it pretty useless. I like it, but it's not a great universal solution.

6. macrumors regular

I agree about the calendar not showing events when in month view but would not call that a deal breaker.

7. macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this statement. The dots are very useful when doing a quick glance at the monthly view. I use month view almost exclusively to see what I have going on each day and the dots/appointment list under the month was very useful in iOS 6. I really hope they bring it back as I find the calendar useless without the dots.

Matter of opinion of course.

8. macrumors 6502a

Oh, I definitely agree they are useful. I used to rely on them all the time, but now that I use the calendar more and more, have my work calendar synced to it, my department's planning calendar, and my TV show calendar, I have dots on every day so unfortunately they do not help me anymore.

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

musio

having a preview of what is happening on the day with the pane on ios 6 is massively important. ios7 is just a calendar now. You can download pictures of calendars as wallpaper.

10. macrumors P6

Well, at least for today you can see it in the Today section in Notification Center. Also, if you click on search in calendar (basically at the top, to the right) you will get an "Agenda" like view.

11. macrumors 68000

A "screen shot" is the same as actual use. The colours remain the same.

The biggest dislike is icons and colours. Using it will just be the same colours people hate?

12. macrumors 603

I find that it looks better when I actually use it. You can't judge a book by it's cover. You have to actually read it.

13. macrumors P6

Strangely enough I often find screenshots nice looking, but when I use it I don't find the looks as "nice".

14. macrumors 68000

From the videos it looks very slow and laggy. Might change with Ipad 5 and 5S.

For me the OS looks very light on quality textures yet seems very luggish especially the multi tasking and home screen.

15. musio, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

thread starter macrumors 68000

musio

the today section there is still scrolling around.
    The agenda view is still scrolling around without 'looking' at your month (ie, free dates before or after). Not good for planning compared to ios6

16. macrumors member

I agree 300%!!! The ios7 calendar is useless compared with ios6, with no dots what's the use? To see only "today" and a huge scroll calendar

17. macrumors newbie

How about repeating events? Past versions have allowed such a limited set of options for creating repeating events. That remains the only reason I use a third party calendar, which ultimately forces me to use two different calendar apps. Any changes in this area for iOS 7?

18. macrumors 6502

i was reading the release notes for iOS 7 beta 1. this is what it says about Calendar:

Calendar
    Known Issues

Edits made to iCloud Calendar events off-device will not push to the device.

Workaround: Update the calendar manually or trigger a fetch by modifying an event on-device.

if they think that is the only known issue, thank god we report the bugs. make sure you report everything that is wrong with the calendar here: https://bugreport.apple.com

19. macrumors member

I do not like iOS7, it better change dramatically before release.

20. macrumors newbie

i am so frustrated with the design of the calendar app... yes no dots (and to argue they are useless in a busy month, well then the solution should be to improve them then from perhaps light grey to black depending on number of appointments in that day)...

and no preview below of list of appointments, also very frustrating for planning.

finally... the 'Today'... if my next few hours is clear... well then Today doesn't help me.. what about what I have that evening? no idea...

And you cant Tap anything in Today to go to the calendar either...

I really hope these things change, but knowing Apple I just dont hold much hope that they will.

21. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

Not going to happen.

22. macrumors G3

Might change when people aren't overreacting to the first beta.

23. thread starter macrumors 68000

musio

The more people slam apple with feedback the bigger chance for change

24. thread starter macrumors 68000

musio

any changes with the calendar app in beta 2 or is it still as functional as a still picture?

25. macrumors P6

Still pretty much the same (although somewhat more responsive) as far as I can tell.