Things Your Significant Other Does...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Jan 6, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

That you don't say anything about...

Rob will leave a bar of soap in the shower until it is about a millimeter thick and folded on top of itself a hundred times. Seriously, I think I am the only person in this house to ever open a fresh bar.

Just happened. And yes, the legends are true, most work at home people get their best work done in their PJ's and shower twice a week. :eek:

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ewww....but true. sadly i dont live with anyone to use up my soap....my friends steal the unopen ones and im left to buy them again

Bless

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I don't have a significant other living with me but my roommates just stole my breakfast this morning... but I guess this doesn't qualify because I am going to say something about that. :mad: :D

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Bless, your friends come over to your house and take home unopened bars of soap from your bathroom? You're kidding, right? :( Ugh, I'm sorry. :(

5. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

1. I do all the cooking, and it's not for lack of effort on her part.

2. I love my GF to death, but she has absolutely no concept of household order and putting things where they go.

3. She refuses to clean out her car. Why, I don't know.

4. We have a King sized bed, yet somehow between the time we go to bed and the time I wake up, I manage to end up with only the 6 inches or so closest to the edge, with her sprawled out over me.

I still love her though ;)

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

LOL!!

I usually wake up almost on the floor. :eek:

7. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I can empathize with every single one... are you me? or am I you? :) (Well, change GF to wife and they'll be exactly the same)

8. Lau Guest

Ok, one thing that springs to mind is that when putting stuff away in the kitchen, Liam puts it back in a really strange way. If you put away saucepans, you would put them away with the smallest on top, and the biggest on the bottom, taking advantage of their natural nesting ability, right? But he will put them away with the biggest, then the smallest, then a colander, then start another pile next to it with the medium one (as it wont balance on top of the colander) and then put, say a sieve on top of that. He'll do the same with measuring jugs, and plates, and other stuff in cupboards. I'm not especially tidy (actually, not at all), but I just find it so bewildering why someone would do it that way, and just so confusing to open cupboards and find big crazy towers of crockery. :p

We've had a good laugh about it though - just because I find it so strange, and he has no idea why he does it. And he doesn't do it so much any more, maybe because I've never had a go, just taken the piss out of him about it. "Ooh, I need to grate some cheese. Better look in the oven for the grater then...:D " Come to think of it, we seem to spend an inordinate amount of time taking the piss out of each other. It's all good. He's a good bloke. :)

9. dcv macrumors G3

Has someone been spying on me? [​IMG]

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not as far as you know.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yup they take what they want not only soap..except my ibook thats always with me

Bless

12. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Are you really Rob?

I can't go in the kitchen without a lecture about what goes where. :D :p

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

OK, I hate to go off-topic, but I have a simple question for 2nyRiggz: Is "Bless" at the end of your posts a blessing (as I've always thought it was), or is that your name? Mohan's addressing you as "Bless" makes me wonder which is correct.

14. dcv macrumors G3

ok now that's just spooky... how did you manage to quote me and post at the same time as me? [​IMG]

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Not telling. ;)

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^^ yes when i type bless it means i'm blessed.....with life, love and to be here with you fine people;)

Bless (there i go again)

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I don't technically live w/ my boyfriend (yet) but we spend so much time at each other's places that it often feels as if we do live together. :eek: This is dangerous because he peruses MR looking at my posts... but oh well, whatever I write here wouldn't really be 'news' to him anyway.
    • He doesn't turn off the lights whenever he leaves a room.
    • Doesn't cap the toothpaste. (And even if there's a flip top, attached cap, still won't re-cap it... and then it gets all goopy and dries up!)
    • And other things but I can't recall at the moment. :p

18. Lau Guest

Well you should put it back in the right place, shouldn't you?! ;) Actually, it's not so much the place it's put, it's the sheer illogicality and disregard of sensible physics that annoys me. :D

I always end up sleeping on the very edge of the bed too, pretty much hanging on the edge by my fingernails, to the extent that I think I could safely sleep on the edge of a cliff. Grip. Of. Steel. Funny how these things seem to be universal, just randomly split between partners. :D

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

also when i was staying with someone i use to hate how they would squeeze the tooth paste from the front instead of the back....oh my that annoyed the hell out of me....i was always arguing with myself in the bathroom.

Bless

20. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

My girlfriend sheds hair like crazy (yet she still has so much more hair then me - I don't get it!), and tends to pull hair out of the shower drain and stick to the wet shower wall. Then I go in to shower and there is a nasty hairball on the wall. Ugh!

21. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

:eek:

22. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I squeeze/roll the toothpaste from the end as well. :p Kindred (toothpaste) spirit.

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

:eek: Hee. I do that too. :eek: But that's because I'll throw my own 'hairball' away before I use the shower again... and thus, avoid the horrible clogging-of-the-drain. Ah yes and CorvusCamenarum, your post rings true for me as well... as in, I am similar to your woman. :eek:

24. Lau Guest

Dude, you win. I second the :eek:....

edit: a big :D at devilot's post!