Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
right away i would upgrade the ram to 512 and later on maby to 1.25 gb or

whatever the maximum ram is for the 12 inch. i would also get the 80gb

harddrive. But that just covers my problem with slow computer and my lack

of harddrive space :) . My next issue and my most important the grafix card

it only has 32 mb of vram :( i was told that was

enought to play most games. I wad just wondering would i be able to play

starwars battlefront , x plane , halo combat evloved , james bond night fire,

and call of duty . i dont mind having the graphix setting on low as long as the

game runs at what it should , but worst case saniaro it being a little choopy

buy noy so mutch that you cant play the game. I also enjoy playing movies

that i download from bare share, watching anime. i also has i music collection

rouflghy 1bg in size and growing.

PS:need advice other fourmstell me to get a windows computer

and thats now an option. :(

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
Mac's are not very good gaming systems to start off with. And the iBook is essentially the worst Mac you can choose. So, I don't know what to say, but getting an iBook for games sounds like a bad idea to me.

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
tsk said:
Mac's are not very good gaming systems to start off with. And the iBook is essentially the worst Mac you can choose. So, I don't know what to say, but getting an iBook for games sounds like a bad idea to me.

thanks for the advice one of my dads roommates peter thats all he uses his for and he can run halo and x planes on his fine. and its a year old

doeo aneyone else have a differnt opion

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Unless you need it now, why not wait for the iBook to be updated? Seems logical that Apple would put a better graphics chip in the next revision for Core Image support, and that would help your games a lot - though they'll still be FAR from ideal on an iBook...

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Rocksaurus said:
Unless you need it now, why not wait for the iBook to be updated? Seems logical that Apple would put a better graphics chip in the next revision for Core Image support, and that would help your games a lot - though they'll still be FAR from ideal on an iBook...

what if i got the 12 inc power book combodrive and if the new macs has the

g5 processer the battery life would be like one hour

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
mactellwillsuck said:
thanks for the advice one of my dads roommates peter thats all he uses his for and he can run halo and x planes on his fine. and its a year old

doeo aneyone else have a differnt opion

Yeh.. If I were you, upgrading the ram wouldn't be my first move.

I'd take the laptop... and register for a few community college classes. I'd get a very basic understanding of spelling and sentence structure under my belt... also, I'd try to use complete sentences on occassion.

I'm just saying... if I were you. Christ, I might even splurge on proof-reading.

This is the wrong time to buy a iBook.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
cr2sh said:

I'd take the laptop... and register for a few community college classes. I'd get a very basic understanding of spelling and sentence structure under my belt... also, I'd try to use complete sentences on occassion.

I'm just saying... if I were you. Christ, I might even splurge on proof-reading.

Ouch.

GKThursday

macrumors regular
May 25, 2005
Thank You Very Much!!!!!

I'd take the laptop... and register for a few community college classes. I'd get a very basic understanding of spelling and sentence structure under my belt... also, I'd try to use complete sentences on occasion.

If you hadn't said that I would have!! It's bad enough that he opened about five threads asking the same question!
GK

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
GKThursday said:
If you hadn't said that I would have!! It's bad enough that he opened about five threads asking the same question!
GK

im in grade 8 core english and i dont care about spelling

thejst

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2005
Canada
mactellwillsuck said:
im just to lazy to put the effort into spelling and other crap long as the message is there im happy

Good luck working the Garbage Truck then, dood. :D

sorry, that might offend Garbagemen. No offence implied...

GKThursday

macrumors regular
May 25, 2005
But can we understand it...

im just to lazy to put the effort into spelling and other crap long as the message is there im happy

My spelling is quite bad, but I realize this, and try to compensate for it. I understand that other people have to be able to comprehend what I write to facilitate easy communication. At least write your posts in word pad or some other word processing app., then you can use spell check. Though don't use grammar check, windows has worse grammar than you do. . . (rereads previous posts) . . . On second thought. . . never-mind.
GK

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
mactellwillsuck said:
right away i would upgrade the ram to 512 and later on maby to 1.25 gb or

whatever the maximum ram is for the 12 inch. i would also get the 80gb

harddrive. But that just covers my problem with slow computer and my lack

of harddrive space :) . My next issue and my most important the grafix card

it only has 32 mb of vram :( i was told that was

enought to play most games. I wad just wondering would i be able to play

starwars battlefront , x plane , halo combat evloved , james bond night fire,

and call of duty . i dont mind having the graphix setting on low as long as the

game runs at what it should , but worst case saniaro it being a little choopy

buy noy so mutch that you cant play the game. I also enjoy playing movies

that i download from bare share, watching anime. i also has i music collection

rouflghy 1bg in size and growing.

PS:need advice other fourmstell me to get a windows computer

and thats now an option. :(

How elegant. He even double spaces his posts!
:p :)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
You all can just shut up for crying out loud!

I'm sticking up for Sam I Am, mactellwillsuck, and me(lilstewart92). Just because we are all in 7th-8th Grade, doesn't mean we are stupid. :mad: as a quote from: thejst
"Good luck working the Garbage Truck then, dood.

sorry, that might offend Garbagemen. No offence implied... "

and for your INFORMATION - - - I wouldn't be criticizing him(mactellwillsuck) about his spelling, saying that he's going to be a garbage man because he spelled a few words wrong ---- you spelled "dood" wrong... it's dude. :p :rolleyes:

As we are all(mactellwillsuck, Sam I Am, and lilstewart92 and all the other young people out there who are involved in the technical/APPLE world) in Jr. High or even going into the world of high school, doesn't mean we can't be involved in the Mac community, I, for one, have been criticized for trying to save up for a PowerBook. Just because I'm going into 8th grade, doesn't mean I can't get the latest and the best, you adults don't have the only right to buy the PowerMacs, iMacs, iBooks, PowerBooks, and the Mac Mini, WE ALL DO. :mad:

So, basically --- just because we are in Jr. High - High School doesn't mean you should treat us like little kindergardeners. :eek:

So please, I'm asking nicely ---- treat us with the respect we diserve! :mad:

AMEN!

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
lilstewart92 said:
I'm sticking up for Sam I Am, mactellwillsuck, and me(lilstewart92). Just because we are all in 7th-8th Grade, doesn't mean we are stupid. :mad: as a quote from: thejst

and for your INFORMATION - - - I wouldn't be criticizing him(mactellwillsuck) about his spelling, saying that he's going to be a garbage man because he spelled a few words wrong ---- you spelled "dood" wrong... it's dude. :p :rolleyes:

As we are all(mactellwillsuck, Sam I Am, and lilstewart92 and all the other young people out there who are involved in the technical/APPLE world) in Jr. High or even going into the world of high school, doesn't mean we can't be involved in the Mac community, I, for one, have been criticized for trying to save up for a PowerBook. Just because I'm going into 8th grade, doesn't mean I can't get the latest and the best, you adults don't have the only right to buy the PowerMacs, iMacs, iBooks, PowerBooks, and the Mac Mini, WE ALL DO. :mad:

So, basically --- just because we are in Jr. High - High School doesn't mean you should treat us like little kindergardeners. :eek:

AMEN!

I'm in college, and though I'm supposed to be mature, it won't stop me from picking on you little kids every once in awhile. :p

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
lilstewart92 said:

AMEN!

I'm going into 10th next year, so I'm young too, but I mean c'mon. Look at the post. You really shouldn't post on a high traffic forum and post the same thread 4+ times. If you are going to do that, you could at least try to use some grammar or spell check, just for the sake of the readers. Bad wording/grammar draws the attention of the reader away from the meaning of the post and makes the reader focus on trying to understand the post, which later causes the reader to loose track of what they were trying to read and then the end up posting something like I just did. :rolleyes:

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
lilstewart92 said:

AMEN!
Thanks for stickin up for me. :)

I have good spelling and will some day be rich and famous, not a garbage man! (Not that anyone accused ME of that..) Well I'm going into 8th grade too. Haha, I have to get used to saying 8th grade instead of 7th pretty soon...

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
thejst said:
Good luck working the Garbage Truck then, dood. :D

sorry, that might offend Garbagemen. No offence implied...

im going to be a goldsmith im allready aranged to be

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
lilstewart92 said:

Lilstewart,

Do you not see what this guy is doing that is annoying people? It has nothing to do with being in 8th grade. It has everything to do with attitude and lack of respect. Have you tried to read his posts? My daughter going into second grade has better use of punctuation than he has (and probably better spelling). He asks for help and then acts arrogant to the people who are supposed to help him. Hence the garbage truck comment.

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Ahem...

Back to the topic on hand here boys ;). An iBook is a great computer if you are actually going to do WORK on it. Gaming on a Mac is ok but I would suggest a desktop G5 for that - you can upgrade video cards as they come out. My brother plays games on the Dual G4 with no worries - we are going to throw an ATI 9800 into it soon - that should give it a new lease on life.

Now, regarding the previous posts on spelling and the lack of interest in getting your words right. You can actually have Safari check your spelling as you type. Just control click on a page and you will get a menu. Go to spelling and select 'check Spelling as You Type. When a word is spelt incorrectly, it will be underlined in red indicating an error.

aussie_geek

ps - people who work in the sanitation departments of our cities are essential. Imagine if we were all personally responsible for our refuse - what would your place look like???

mactellwillsuck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
tsk said:
Lilstewart,

Do you not see what this guy is doing that is annoying people? It has nothing to do with being in 8th grade. It has everything to do with attitude and lack of respect. Have you tried to read his posts? My daughter going into second grade has better use of punctuation than he has (and probably better spelling). He asks for help and then acts arrogant to the people who are supposed to help him. Hence the garbage truck comment.

I was just courious about the ibook and now i feel like crawling into a dark hole and dieing

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Geez you people are rough. Scare the poor guy (I'm assuming) off why don't you. :rolleyes: We've seen grammar worse than this, even here. This is the kinda stuff that scares people away from Macs. ;)

The current iBook will be ok for what you'd want to do, but you'd probably want a PowerBook if you can afford it. If not, maybe wait a bit for a new iBook to come out (any day now). I recommend going to an Apple Store, or CompUSA, or something and try one out to see if you like it. They aren't great for highend gaming, but they do work pretty well for basic stuff. And Nanosaur is quite fun. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.