Think apple will ever make a Windows 8 compatable version on Itunes 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lifetimechaldo, Jan 22, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Oct 10, 2012
    I really want an ITunes 11 that works with the windows 8 UI. Think it may happen anytime soon?
  2. macrumors member

Sep 24, 2012
    it's hard to answer, tried to send the feedback to Apple, maybe they will consider your idea
  3. macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
    Would do.....

if the Windows 8 installed base becomes significant. I dont see Apple limiting their cash cow and associated software (iTunes+Apple Store+gadgets). But, only to mention, always exists the possibility of some like the thing what has happened to Safari for Windows (outdated version and no update in the sight for near future):(.....

4. macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2013
    True safari hasn't been updated for windows but lets be honest...It sucked on the PC anyways (at least with my experiences) :D

As for Apple supporting iTunes and Windows 8? I think that will definitely happen in the near future. Maybe when Apple updates the iTunes to 11.x (It needs some work) it will also feature Windows 8 compatibility.

But, I use Macs, so what do I know? :apple::cool:
  5. macrumors 68030

Feb 20, 2004
    iTunes 11 is already Windows 8 compatible. If you're talking about a Metro version...then, no, that's not happening.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2010
    There are very few Win8 UI compatible app's...and the ones that are, blow chunks (crash/lock up/memory hogs). Windows 8 is the best reason to switch to a Mac.