Think Apple will increase the next iPhone in screen size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 603

The Game 161

Or do you think there will stay at the 4 inch display going forward?

2. macrumors member

they will stick with 4.

3. macrumors 68040

F123D

Your thumb, it goes from here to here.

This bigger screen goes from here to here.

It's a dazzling display of common sense.

So unless everyones thumb grows an extra half inch next year, you're stuck with this screen size.

4. macrumors 6502a

No, this is the limit.

However let the market decide.

5. macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes I heard a rumor that the next iphone will have a 4.7 inch screen at 1080p.

----------

Oh wait, I mean, I made up a rumor...

6. macrumors 6502

Nobody knows so the best you can get are guesses. My guess would be now that the apps are being redesigned for a 4 inch screen they will leave it like that for a few years at least. I think the only way you will get a bigger screen is if the come out with 2 iPhones. I could see a 5 inch and a 4 inch being available if the Note 2 does well enough to catch their attention. I wouldn’t have said that 6 months ago but now that the iPad mini came out I think there is a chance for another size iPhone. I would be happier with a 4.5 inch screen but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Again speculation is the best you will get so I'm just giving my opinion.

7. boomhower, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012

macrumors 65816

boomhower

I disagree. I have wear medium or large gloves depending on the glove. I cannot reach the corners without tilting the phone around in my hand. If one handed use was truly the point then they would have stayed with 3.5. The 4.0 is no easier for me to use than a 4.3. I don't have anything larger handy but I suspect it would be the same up to around 4.7.

Anyways, no, I don't think they will make it any bigger anytime soon. I don't even think the casing will change next year.

8. macrumors G3

The next iPhone will most likely be a S type update meaning it'll have the exact same design. They may or may not increase the size in two years.

9. macrumors 6502a

Samsung note and noteII dominate the 5 plus screen market and is selling well, and I have no doubt apple want a piece of the pie, is all money talk, just look at ipad mini.

10. macrumors 6502

mattroman246

11. macrumors G3

Increasing the screen size can be easily accomplished by shrinking the wasted space above and below the screen but it won't happen with the 5S next year.

12. macrumors 6502a

My prediction is sometime next year or 2014, apple will come out with two version, 5s with the 4in screen, and a 5x phablet with a 5 plus screen.

13. macrumors regular

Or you could use even more of that common sense and do what I do...

...use 2 hands.

This whole apple marketing is bull. I have good size hands and struggle to reach the top corner of my i4 screen with my thumb. I highly doubt many people could reach the 4" corners of the i5 screen with one hand.

Of course, lots of people are blindly sold on advertising.

14. macrumors 68040

F123D

Steve Jobs agrees.

[​IMG]

15. macrumors member

"Steve Jobs agreed"

16. macrumors 68040

F123D

Sorry, Steve. RIP

Wish you were still running Apple.

17. macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Oh man... Look at how Steve wore his glasses, how close his iPhone was to his eyes, how he seemed to have trouble seeing what's on that "tiny" screen even with his iPhone that close to his eyes...... :eek:

18. macrumors 6502

Yeah, the longer screen isn't particularly easy to operate with one hand. When reaching for the far corner, my palm is always hitting the lower corner... they should have just made the damn thing wider too.