Think Different ahead of it's time?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MorganX, Feb 6, 2003.

1. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

I think now is the perfect time for Apple to be running it's long Think Different ad.

Poor economy, majority of country desiring to avoid war, no relief in sight. That's the climate for rebelling against the status quo.

2. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I agree......never really thought of that before. Think Different would be the perfect ad campaign nowadays with Microsoft being SUCH a majority, and Apple having SO much to offer. OSX, nice portables, open-souce drive, high-end (Maya, Shake, Photoshop, etc) and consumer (iApps) applications, and a perfect substitute/improvement over Windows machines. Speed is the only hill left to conquer........c'mon 970.

Oh well. Hopefully Apple will come up with something MUCH better than the stupid switch ad commercials. Cause' I was like.........ugngh?

Especially the stupid "saving Christmas" ad. That must have been the worst acting/impromptu display ever.

EVER.

3. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yeah, those commercials were so bad, they got me to switch.

:rolleyes:

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Think Different probably won't come back anytime soon. And its curious, since the Switch Campaign seems to be slacking off a bit. There isn't an overall theme for the commercials anymore (Yao and Mini-me, the iMac silliness). Switch was fun for a while and we've seen plenty, along with spoofs and homemade ads - including the MacRumors Switch Ad contest - but I'm really curious what is going to be next or if they're going to move away from a 'theme'

D

5. MorganX thread starter macrumors 6502a

MorganX

I remember when the Think Different ads first came out, I was like, screw Apple. Now they have what I want, and I'm a little older now and my tastes have matured; furthermor, black and white is in. I downloaded the long TD ad today and I thought, this is "Awesome, right on."

Too bad the timing wasn't right. I'd love to see it on the air right now. I guess timing is everything.

6. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Where did you download that?

Anyway, I think that the "Think Different" would be a great theme for advertising right now. The think different adds really made a statement. As MorganX said, with the poor economy, and possibility of war, these adds could really help Apple right now.

7. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Well, they can't really bring the original back. Why you ask? Well, what logo is at the end? The six-color of course! Maybe a minor re-do, like just the last few frames, but otherwise it wouldn't fit in.

Although I would like to see it. Six color and all.

8. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

9. MorganX thread starter macrumors 6502a

MorganX

http://www.redlightrunner.com/appleads.html