Think I should wait until after the next mac expo to buy a G5?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ZildjianKX, Sep 14, 2003.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Just curious what anyone thinks... I have given up my hopes on a powerbook and I was going to get a 1.8 GHz G5 and a 40 gig iPod (just sold my old one).

There have been rumors that Panther might actually be released at the expo:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,,1215768,00.asp

so... think its worth waiting to see if they offer a free Panther upgrade... or maybe even a pre-install?

I know the bluetooth mice may debut... but if they're not rechargeable, then its not even worth waiting for IMHO.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't think there is any very good reason to wait, really. HOWEVER, its only two days away, so wait!

3. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Given Up!!!:eek:

You only have to wait two more days to be absolutely positive what your options are going to be. Can't you wait just a couple of days to put in that order?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

wait, also any chance we could see a special edition mac either laptop or desk? special edition g5 cube? now that would be cool. patience is a virtue but i couldnt tell you since iam not.

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Wait of course.....you could be saving $130! Just think, we are less than 40 hours away from the keynote-that is $3.25 every hour or 5.5 cents every minute. Think about it. I know you can do it.

:)

6. hunterofmacs macrumors newbie

So what is the word from the expo? Is it over?

Was also wondering if I should delay my purchase until its released -- but I would really like to know when that might be

7. manzanita macrumors member

Wouldn't we all.... :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that Apple will do like they have with prior releases. Panther will probably be released before Christmas. I think that those who purchase now will probably get Panther for the cost of S&H!