Think it's a scam?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AoWolf, Sep 8, 2004.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Hey I just bought a 1.5 Ghz 15' ALbook from amazon for $1,350. The guy wanted me to pay through western union but the link did not load and I have heard bad things about them. So he let me pay through Amazon so at least if he does not send I will still get my money back. I have a feeling that he is going to take the money and run. What do you think? (by the way he clamied it was new in box with warranty)

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

scam. no doubt.

if western union is even mentioned, forget it.

just think a little: this price is almost 50% off the normal price - guess who's paying for all that savings? answer: no one since there is no powerbook to be had at 50% off.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

$1,000 off a "new in box" computer is nearly always a scam or stolen merchandise.

4. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

yeah,

not the best thing you could have done.. totally a scam

5. JLS macrumors 6502

with the money you saved, surely you could buy a cheap flight to wherever he is to go deal in cash.. that way you get a nice trip, a saving, and a mac.. with no risk.

6. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Also, on top of the rest of the clues, Western Union usually indicates scam. I know you didn't use it, but since it's being offered, I would take heed.

7. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

stolen computer sold on ebay for half price... thumbs up!!!

just make sure the insides havent been replaced by
    potatoes...

those crazy germans...