Think Secret: Back-to-School promo returning next week?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amac4me, Jun 3, 2006.

1. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

According to Think Secret:

"Unconfirmed reports from insiders state that Apple will launch its Back-to-School promotion Monday, offering students and faculty members a $150 rebate when any Mac is purchased alongside an iPod through Apple education.

The promotion essentially offers students a free 1GB iPod nano, or a discount off a higher level iPod. Apple offered a similar promotion last year."

I would think that Apple would offer it closer to the start of the next academic year, not at the end of one. We'll just have to wait and see.

Here's the link

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

last year u got a free 4Gb Mini...also i heard 179 price off(edu price of a iPod nano 2Gb educational)

Either way good news for students

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Maybe this will make the iPod HiFi actually worth buying.

This will probably push me to buy a MacBook, instead of waiting for the GMA 965 to get in there.

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, this is more like Out-of-School, that Back-to-School. If this is true, this is good news for me. That can pay for my extra Ram. :D

5. jvan macrumors member

that sucks, i already have a nano.. don't need to buy another one for 150 rebate.. unless i take the 1gig nano ($150)

6. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

yeah, last year it was $179 rebate and you could buy any iPod you wanted, which a lot of people got the iPod Mini's which in turn was free after mail in rebate. That same promo is what made me finally switch over to a mac user, and i'm glad they ran it. In fact, I might participate again this year!

Z

7. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

This is actually a good time. As long as it continues through August because a lot of people buy computers during the summer, as well as for graduation presents. Too late for me though. Picking up my MBP monday unless there out of stock.

8. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

ThinkS**t lost a lot of its credibility in my eyes with their recent inaccuracies that plagued their website...

9. wako macrumors 65816

WTF?!

1gb iPod Nano?! I wont even be able to fit a tenth of my music collection on it!

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Well, that's why *if* this rumor is true and works like last year's promo, you can apply that same dollar amount toward another iPod.

11. beloved84 macrumors regular

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

In the past yes, but there's still no guarantee that this rumor is any more than just that.

13. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

wow sometimes i feel like apple is marketing to specifically me. i guess i'll have to buy that macbook after all mr. jobs. Thanks.

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

This is a bit early...last year's Student Union promo started on June 28th.

15. karichelle macrumors member

karichelle

IMHO this would be a good time as well...I know among my friends and I, when we graduated high school five years ago, nobody bought their college computer in August. Pretty much everyone got theirs in June and used it at home for a while, then headed off to campus with it.

I just wish I would have been able to wait to buy mine this year so I could get in on this... ;)

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Maybe they're hoping to clear out inventory of remaining PPC machines?

17. mortey macrumors member

I agree with karichelle in that most students buy their equipment in late june, early july. Let's hope this is true.

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i got mine in early August....:eek: that i and i waited as long as possible to see if apple would release a rev D...

19. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

haha, same here, i got my equipment the last week of the promo, than didn't open anything until after the keynote to make sure there was no updates and than i opened my beatiful 12inch powerbook.. been loving it ever since =)

20. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I'm down...I have a 1gb, but I sure dont mind putting down 130 more for a 30gb video!

Yupppers!

but previous years it had started at the end of may...

21. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Actually, 2004's Cram & Jam promo launched on July 7th.