Think you have a great computer chair? Lets see it.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HungrySeacow, Mar 8, 2006.

1. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

For years I have been looking for the perfect chair and just can't find it. However, I think I might have been looking down the wrong path. So far I have been looking for ones that look and feel like a lazy-boy. I think I might have bought 15 or more chairs in the last 5 years, returning most of them. Anyway, today I went to Office Depot looking for a kneeling chair but they didn't have them. Instead I came home with one of those adjustable task chairs. It is very nice, you can lock the tilt of the whole chair, the tilt of the backrest, and of course the hight of the chair. I don't know if I will keep it though, I don't know if I can live without chair arms. I must say though, it is much more comfortable then the $250 chair that I bought from Best Buy a few months ago. Come on people, give me some more ideas for a new chair! :)

Here is the new chair:
    [​IMG]

Here is the horrible BB chair:
    [​IMG]

2. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Attached Files:

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've had my chair for a good ten years... Wow I didn't even know I had it that long, and I think it's perfect. I haven't sat in a better chair, although the padding is gettin' kinda worn out.

4. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Talk to iGary and Clayj about comfy chairs i guarentee they've got you beat, i forgot the name of the chair they have though

5. After G macrumors 68000

After G

My chair is the couch. Yet another reason to love my laptop.

6. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Pretty sure they have Herman Miller Aeron chairs.

7. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

When my dad worked at a biotech in San Francisco he had A $1200 ergonomic chair. He didn't ask for it, it came with the office. I went to work with him for about a week while I visited him and let me tell you, that chair had more adjustable parts then you could shake a really big stick at.:eek:

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

...and how much are those chairs... :rolleyes:

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Kay, I'll bite. My chair is extremely comfy and functional, even though he pictures may not be that flattering. It may not look like much, but trust me, it's the best computer chair I've ever had. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. fanbrain macrumors 6502

fanbrain

MMmmmmm. It's made by Lane. It's the most expensive office chair I've ever had (and it's the FIRST office chair I've ever had) $200. It's the most comfortable chair I've ever had the privlege of sitting in.

s0077976_enl.jpg

11. HungrySeacow thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, I never said that my chair was great. Much better then the one from Best Buy. I asked people to post their chairs that they love to help give me ideas :). Granted... I would hope those ideas would be in the sub $300 range LOL.

12. HungrySeacow thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, this is one of the ones that I was considering. The one thing that I didn't like about it was the lumbar support. I just think it was way too much.

13. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

By this time tomorrow, I will be lying on my bed typing away. I have no idea why I sold my PowerBook.

14. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Does not look like this thread went to far.. I need some ideas for a new chair ;)

15. Saluki Alex macrumors 6502

16. iMarley macrumors member

17. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Expensive if they're new but you can find them all over the place pretty cheaply. I got mine from a used office supply store in London for about 1/3 the price new. Wouldn't use any other chair.

18. janey macrumors 603

janey

Damn, beat me, that was the first thing that popped up in my head when i read that. I love the Aeron. I should probably get one, but the price tag is a bit discouraging. They're like $600-900 or something nutty, I think $899 retail.

And yeah, used would be sweet and wayyyy cheaper, but I can never find any.

19. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

ive had this chair, its fantastic

20. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Despite it's looks, its unbelievably comfortable...

Yes, Im joking

Attached Files:

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Shard where did you get that chair, i saw one at staples but it is 200 dollars i was hoping to find it chepaer

22. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That picture provided a good Saturday morning laugh.

23. DeVizardofOZ macrumors regular

DeVizardofOZ

HEy Shamus....

Looks like an asian YOGI chair. Very comfy if you can learn to ignore the pain...:p

But seriously, I think the best chair hasn't been build yet. Do not like those typical office ones. One of those kneeling jobs is pretty god though.

24. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

check out officemax, i got one that is incredibly similar to Shard's that has the mesh backing and a cloth seat that is extremely comfortable there... for around ~$60

[​IMG]

linky... they also have a whole section of the mesh-back chairs which are awesome.

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I bought mine at Costco.ca, but they don't seem to have the exact model anymore on their website - the closest thing they have to it is one for $400 CAD or something, and I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine! :eek: I got mine for around $200 CAD on sale IIRC, so probably not much cheaper than the one you saw at Staples. But, it was with some poker winnings of mine at the time, so it didn't really matter to me since it was other people's money... ;) :cool: