thinking about an atlanta trip

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furcalchick, Mar 26, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i've haven't gone on vacation in nearly four years (long time, huh), and i finally decided that i'm going to go to atlanta for a few days in the beginning of may. i wanted to go for years, but apparently, my family is too busy for vacation and i don't think the vacation i'm thinking of will be suitable enough.

i plan on staying somewhere near turner field or the downtown area, and i'm not renting a car (can't even drive), so most, if not all my action will be in those areas. what are the best hotels? any safety tips?

any places i should go? i'm going alone.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I had started a reply earlier, but Firefox locked up.

Anyhoo, Atlanta can be a fun place. The Marta will get you just about anywhere you want to go in Atlanta, especially since you're staying downtown. I'm old, so I would go to the zoo, the aquarium, and the Botanical Gardens. You can also hit the Marta up to Lenox Square Mall and go to the Atlanta Apple Store, and get in some good shopping otherwise. You might even check to see if the Braves are in town. What a great ballpark!

On the subject of safety, Atlanta is a big city and has its crime issues. I don't live there, but I've visited several times and those are the things I enjoy doing. The Marta is safe. As with any big city there are places to avoid. Perhaps others on the MR forum can give some tips on moving about in Atlanta.

Have fun and post pics!