Thinking about buying Panther while PB is being fixed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Skilz34, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Skilz34 macrumors member

    Oct 8, 2003
    Hi all........

    My 15" Ti PB running Mac OS X 2.8 is currently being repaired by Apple care. I figure it will probably be reimaged when I get it back so I was debating about buying Panther ($69.00 for student) and just upgrading it cleanly considering I'll have to reinstall my software anyway.

    So my question is, is it worth it?

    I use it for digital recording (Ableton LIVE) and then just school stuff. I also need some memory b/c I'm sitting at only 512mb.

    What to do, what to do... :eek:
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus


    Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    For $69, it's hard to go wrong with it. Tiger's at least a half-year away, and likely a lot more than that. There are a lot of people who are happy they've stayed with Jaguar, but I'm glad I moved on.
  3. Lord Albrecht macrumors newbie

    Aug 12, 2004
    World of Darkness
  4. munkle macrumors 68030


    Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    I agree with JSW, I would go with plump up for the upgrade even with Tiger round the corner. You're getting a pretty good deal and Panther is a worthy's a lot more than just expose! :D
  5. iJon macrumors 604


    Feb 7, 2002
    using the past as evidence, im sure tiger will be 129 new, and student will be the same price. so i dont think money should be a buying factor, just whether or not waiting is an option.


Share This Page