Thinking of buying an ibook- couple questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dandaman, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Dandaman macrumors 6502

If I say buy an ibook from amazon, would I still receive the same one year apple warranty as one would get when buying from apple directly? Also, I can buy the 3 year extended warranty from apple anytime within a year of my buying the ibook right? Thanks a ton. I've been reading around macrumors for about a month now, eager to switch to a mac.

Daniel

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Yes you will get one year warranty from Apple. Yes you can by Applecare any time in the first year.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i recomend that you buy apple care on the last month of ur 1 year warranty, unless you want phone support after 90 days (or 30 i dont remember what it is)

4. Dandaman thread starter macrumors 6502

Another question: Do educational discounts only work on line or at the school apple stores or also at a local apple retail store also? Thanks for the responses

Daniel

5. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

they only work at store.apple.com and the physical apple store ...and maybe even compusa (i think) but nowhere else... certainly not smalldog.com

6. Dandaman thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks a lot everyone. I'm probably gonna get my ibook this weekend from an apple retail store. I'll probably be posting a lot more once I get the ibook.

Daniel